Hornby R3659 renumbered 67027 Charlotte?

• RMweb Premium

I still maintain they should have called them something like “laurel” and “hardy”, “Bill” and “Ben”, “Paul chuckle” and “Barry chuckle”, “Simon” and “Garfunkel” etc

Looking at the livery, maybe 'Zig' and 'Zag' would be appropriate !! :)

Cheers,

Phil.

(I do actually like the livery)

They were named after their employee's which I think is a nice gesture, I don't think any names for Loco's are terrible as they are just names.

I agree. The DrS 68s have taken all the bold old diesel names.

Remembering a certain 47 , anything must beat “ victim support “

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I received my 67 the other day, very pleased with it. I think the Colas livery looks fantastic on the 67.

However in my excitement a few weeks ago I ordered a second Colas 67 from Kernow, and at the time it was 67023 and called 'Stella' so I assumed it was an exclusive release of the second 67. Was looking forward to both, until ti was delivered yesterday and called 'Charlotte'  :scratchhead:

Asked the about it and said they only recently found out about the renaming when it came into their stock, so had to change their website to suit. Going to be sending it back, I'm aware I can get a 'Stella' renumbering pack from Railtech but not keen on trying to remove the longer 'Charlotte' name plate printed in the grills and replacing it with another transfer in such an awkward place. Can't seem to find anywhere that is doing etches plates for it either.

Still happy with the first one  :locomotive:

• Like 1

I received my 67 the other day, very pleased with it. I think the Colas livery looks fantastic on the 67.

However in my excitement a few weeks ago I ordered a second Colas 67 from Kernow, and at the time it was 67023 and called 'Stella' so I assumed it was an exclusive release of the second 67. Was looking forward to both, until ti was delivered yesterday and called 'Charlotte'  :scratchhead:

Asked the about it and said they only recently found out about the renaming when it came into their stock, so had to change their website to suit. Going to be sending it back, I'm aware I can get a 'Stella' renumbering pack from Railtech but not keen on trying to remove the longer 'Charlotte' name plate printed in the grills and replacing it with another transfer in such an awkward place. Can't seem to find anywhere that is doing etches plates for it either.

Still happy with the first one  :locomotive:

I purchased my Colas 67 from Derails and Danny was also converting a few of them to 67023 'Stella' for a decent price, might worth you giving him a call to see if they have any left.

Edited by classy52

Sods law, that as soon as this arrives, it is confirmed 'PLPR 5' aka the NMT that the 67s work on when the NMT is under maintenance has been re-tendered. Luckily, I have a whole fleet of the locomotives taking over. My beautiful MENTOR coach from Britannia Pacficif Models is here and I patiently wait for Bachmann to produce either the EMV and/or a PLPR coach out of their Mk2fs. To be fair, there are some exciting future times for NRIM into CP6, and plenty more opportunities to model :)

Sods law, that as soon as this arrives, it is confirmed 'PLPR 5' aka the NMT that the 67s work on when the NMT is under maintenance has been re-tendered. Luckily, I have a whole fleet of the locomotives taking over. My beautiful MENTOR coach from Britannia Pacficif Models is here and I patiently wait for Bachmann to produce either the EMV and/or a PLPR coach out of their Mk2fs. To be fair, there are some exciting future times for NRIM into CP6, and plenty more opportunities to model :)

I've been looking at getting the Britannia Pacific Mentor Test Car...is it worth the £140???

Which era version did you get?

Edited by classy52

• RMweb Gold

Sods law, that as soon as this arrives, it is confirmed 'PLPR 5' aka the NMT that the 67s work on when the NMT is under maintenance has been re-tendered......To be fair, there are some exciting future times for NRIM into CP6

heard that yesterday, kind of glad i didnt stay with colas IM in the end

talk of DRS and west coast doing some or all of the work

• RMweb Premium

heard that yesterday, kind of glad i didnt stay with colas IM in the end

talk of DRS and west coast doing some or all of the work

DBS and Freightliner may also be up for some of it.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/140121-colas-restructuring-im-work/&do=findComment&comment=3389565

Cheers,

Mick 

Edited by newbryford

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Interesting note, although not very important, that the 2019 Hornby Catalogue lists R3659 as being 67023 'Stella' even although, as discussed in this topic, it was changed awhile before release to 67027 'Charlotte'

I've done my own renumbering, but would have been interesting if Hornby had released both with a simple name change, or as a limited edition double pack. Especially with the upcoming Network Rail Mk2fs 

Interesting note, although not very important, that the 2019 Hornby Catalogue lists R3659 as being 67023 'Stella' even although, as discussed in this topic, it was changed awhile before release to 67027 'Charlotte'

I've done my own renumbering, but would have been interesting if Hornby had released both with a simple name change, or as a limited edition double pack. Especially with the upcoming Network Rail Mk2fs 

There was some sort of issue with Hornby using the name Stella where Colas had directed them to withdraw it and use Charlotte instead, nothing to do with Hornby but something internal to Colas.