Great Southern Railway (Fictitious) - Signalling the changes...

On 25/03/2024 at 16:46, Skinnylinny said:

. They've enough to deal with now that I'm getting back into organ practice too (well, as best I can with a MIDI keyboard, and an old church organ pedalboard that I've managed to acquire and am planning to MIDI-ify...) but at least that I can do on headphones!

Hauptwerk or Grandorgue?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dana Ashdown said:

A real wooden case would be even better!

It would, although I lack the required woodworking skills, and no longer have access to the laser cutter since moving to Glasgow-ish. 

13 hours ago, Penrhos1920 said:

Hauptwerk or Grandorgue?

GrandOrgue at the moment, as I don't have the cash to drop on a copy of GrandOrgue, and I'm sort of cautiously dipping my toe back in for as little spend as possible. The 61-key MIDI keyboard cost me £60, while the pedalboard has cost me the grand total of £1.04 on eBay and the price of a decent takeout dinner for a friend to drive it up to me! It will require a bank of microswitches, and the use of an Arduino which I already have, to MIDI-ify it.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 2 weeks later...

The frame now has lever numbers (Also 3d printed), and work has started on printing the block instrument. All the circuitry fits inside, although I've had to temporarily substitute momentary toggle switches while I await the push-buttons arriving. I've also set up a temporary trackplan board to make testing easier. 

20240402_105056.jpg.19f871302e86683ea82f196b5d67ec9c.jpg20240402_103532.jpg.53057726efae41cb386e484dd766dcbf.jpg

Now to decide what type of wood veneer to use - mahogany or cherry. Or possibly walnut. All three are rather nice!

I ought to start thinking about signals, I suppose...

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 7