If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello from the "Klosterstollen"

Bergmann

Hello my name is Helmut Schmidt, I live in Germany in the village of Barsinghausen, that is located near Hanover. have been building since the earliest Youth model railroad and for several years also totally self. For many years my model building has been concentrating on the scale 1:22.5. A few years ago I started with the replica of the visitor mine monastery galleries "Klosterstollen" in the Barsinghausen. The plant is just 0.72 m x 1.96 m tall and represents the entrance into the tunnels. For this there is nothing to buy on the scale and thus the ideal model for absolute self-making. I build the track with 26.7 mm gauge from track 0 rail profile itself. Locomotives and wagons made of brass and silver. The plant is now controlled via ITrain with Dinamo. On this forum I became aware of Facebook when I was there about the Cakebox challenge. This is for me a possibility to show also small animated scenes of underground and I have already opened a thread for that. Impress me here many very realistic plants. 

Pictures of my monastery model there are also on my homepage should be any questions I will be happy to answer, unfortunately I have to use the Google Translator, because my own English knowledge is not enough.

berggl03m.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Since I go to exhibitions more often with my “Klosterstollen” model, here are 2 pictures, how I simplified the transport.

13IMG_20180219_123246.jpg
Transport my “Klosterstollen” model from the upper floor down and back.

13IMG_20180219_122247.jpg

From the EC via a ramp to the car and back.

Thus, the transport is possible without outside help.

Edited by Bergmann
  • Like 2