Ratio Midland Coach Instructions (kit5714)

I was in a model shop yesterday and managed to buy a number of old Ratio kits that had been marked down (a lot!).  One was for a Midland Low Roof Suburban Bogie Coach OO gauge.  Although many parts have been cut off the sprue, it appears to be complete other than the instructions are missing.  This is going to be bit of a puzzle so I though I would ask if anyone has a set of instructions they could let me have a copy of.

Many Thanks,  Chris

Chris, from memory, Ratio used generic instruction sheets for each “group” of kits (although my memory could be faulty, it’s more than thirty years since i last looked at one of these kits) If you have another arc-roof kit then those instructions will be the same?

HTH, Tim T

I sent you a PM.  I only have the clerestory instructions but there's not a lot to these kits.

You might want to see about getting Stephen Williams' The 4mm Coach Part 1   https://britishrailwaybooks.co.uk/books/ISBN/1874103127.php He goes into a lot of detail on building a Ratio coach kit.  Part 2 is also worth having.  These are out of print but should be available SH.

John

I don't think there was much prototype information in the instructions. They were a bit basic ISTR.

If you can, try and get a copy of Midland Carriages by Jenkinson and Essery. Some libraries will have a copy or can get you one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Midland-Carriages-Illustrated-Review-onwards/dp/0860932915

Jason

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for your advice.  The instructions from John look to be sufficient for what I need.  Several people have told me the bogies are very fragile but as I only intend for the coach to sit at the back of a layout as a crew restroom/tearoom it should be enough.  The kit was in the £1 bin so if it doesn't work I have lost nothing but it looks like a nice little project.

Many Thanks for your responses.  Chris

• RMweb Premium

Chris:

I have both series (still in kit form!) downstairs.

The arc roof cars have a common sheet for 4 types of car. The clerestory sheet has some of the diagrams in common with the arc roof cars with the roof being the main difference.

I'd send you one but the mail might take a month.