White/Blue Refurbished DMU livery

bennyboy

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For those interested in DMU vehicles in this livery, I suggest a look at www.railcar.co.uk website (history of DMUs rather than the preservation of DMUs). 

To the best of my knowledge, wvwry vehicle that went through the BR refurbishment scheme is identified, with the date of refurbishment and the livery applied at refurbishment. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 24/06/2021 at 20:23, montyburns56 said:

These are interesting as they show the earlier thin stripe version of the livery 

Manchester Piccadilly 1974

51515 59545 51451

Notice the original Class designations too (class 102/2, 171) before all vehicles became cl.101

From Railcar.co.uk: https://www.railcar.co.uk/numbering/tops/

"Initially power cars were given numbers from 100 to 131, driving trailers from 140 to 150, and centre cars from 160 to 190. In 1979 all driving trailers and centre cars received the same class numbers as their power cars, and sub classes were dropped. Also, where a class had been split only because of engine differences were amalgamated, such as the 101/2s and 105/6s."

Actually, I had to look up the date of the change as I thought it was around the time of the photos and hence it was maybe one of the last units with original designations - didn't realise the change wasn't until 1979.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

20 hours ago, keefer said:

Notice the original Class designations too (class 102/2, 171) before all vehicles became cl.101

From Railcar.co.uk: https://www.railcar.co.uk/numbering/tops/

"Initially power cars were given numbers from 100 to 131, driving trailers from 140 to 150, and centre cars from 160 to 190. In 1979 all driving trailers and centre cars received the same class numbers as their power cars, and sub classes were dropped. Also, where a class had been split only because of engine differences were amalgamated, such as the 101/2s and 105/6s."

Actually, I had to look up the date of the change as I thought it was around the time of the photos and hence it was maybe one of the last units with original designations - didn't realise the change wasn't until 1979.

Ahh, I was wondering why it was referred to as a Class 102. Cheers!

• RMweb Gold

Hi. Yes, it was AEC engines for class 101, Leyland engines for class 102 and RollsRoyce engines for class 111. And not all of the class 111’s had the four character headcode box above the cab windows either. 

Regards,

Rob.

• Informative/Useful 2

21 hours ago, MJI said:

B804 is one I want to model but haven't found any cheap Limas nor DC kits and I am not doing any more using Triangs!

Hi Martin,

The DC Kits 101 is a tricky kit to build as getting the sides, ends and the roof to line up is quite difficult for unlike the other kits where the gutter makes assembly much easier.

Gibbo.

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Martin,

The DC Kits 101 is a tricky kit to build as getting the sides, ends and the roof to line up is quite difficult for unlike the other kits where the gutter makes assembly much easier.

Gibbo.

My B821 is DC

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Then you will know what fun they are to build !

Triang too short.  Lima silly money. DC NLA. Bachmann 2 car and looks odd.