The First Immingham Model Rail Show

Civic Centre, Pelham Road, Immingham. DN40 1QF

19th May2018 10am - 5pm
20th May 2018 10am - 4pm
Prices: Adult £3 Child £1 Family £7

Organised by Immingham Museum 01469 727272, email admin@imminghammuseum.org

Ample free car parking

Disability access to main exhibition area

No5 bus from Grimsby Town station every 20 mins on Saturday and hourly on Sunday

Includes the following layouts -

Appleton Junction "00"; Drinkallby "00"; Bostcroft "00"; Fish Dock Road P4; Starker Verkehr "H0"; Arnold Lane "N"; Newmarsh Central "N"; Roxby Town "N"; Millfield Yard "N"; Lane End "009".

Also Immingham Museum Layouts - Immingham Loco Shed 1912 to 1970 scale model in "00" gauge (35ft) and Barnetby to Wrawby 1970 to 2017 in "N" gauge (30ft.)

Access to Immingham Museum Docks, Railway and Great Central Railway museum exhibits.

Static exhibits and model steam train rides from Grimsby and Cleethorpes Model Engineering Society
There will also be trade stands and society stands, including Caistor Loco,  Elaines Trains, Great Central Railway, Lincolnshire Wolds Railway, Peak Rail

Refreshments available

• 1 month later...

Once the York Show is over this coming weekend we will be getting 'Barrowfleet' setup for testing and any refurb that is necessary. Hoping that this first show in Immingham is a success.

Peter

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Peter,

Saturday's numbers could be very hit or miss, given it's Cup Final day (England) and I believe some ginger bloke is marrying his squeeze.

Looking forward to Starker Verkher's final outing.

steve

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Peter,

Saturday's numbers could be very hit or miss, given it's Cup Final day (England) and I believe some ginger bloke is marrying his squeeze.

Looking forward to Starker Verkher's final outing.

steve

Two reasons to visit then

Peter,

The wedding will bring the men out and the footie kicks of at 17.15 I think so you could be in for a bumper day

• Like 1

Yes if you want to miss the goings on in Windsor and live in North East or North Lincolnshire or even East Yorkshire or the fair city of Kingston upon Hull then it might be worth a trip to Immingham in North East Lincolnshire. You could still be home in time to watch 22 so called adult men kicking a ball up and down a field on the telly!

The venue is easy to find and there is a good free car park.

Peter

Seemed to go well today with the morning fairly busy and even a slight rally after the usual post-lunchtime slump.

The two 'in-house' layouts have to be seen to be believed. They are ENORMOUS!

The model engineering mob have a working line outside with a Railfreight Class 20  (Hellfire!)

steve

Scientists were amazed to learn that there was an earthquake zone located in North West Germany this weekend...

post-143-0-60419600-1526843677_thumb.jpg

It was a very warm weekend and the sun was on the layout for some hours. As it happens, the track did not suffer at all and ran perfectly all through the show.

steve

Has been a very good weekend playing trains on Bostcroft. Been more then a year since the layout's last outing which resulted in a few niggles but nothing really major.

I do think some of the niggles were contributed to by the Sun on the layout. However I did make sure that none hit the Traverser in the Fiddle Yard which is especially prone to having issues if it gets too walm!

Hope that the organisers did well out of the event and that it continues into following years.

Evening all,

had a fun couple of hours at the show yesterday.  I thought it a well-balanced show with something for everybody and plenty of room to stand and watch the trains.  I hope it was sufficiently well supported for there to be a sequel next year.  Particular thanks to Steve1 for trusting to me have a little play in North West Germany yesterday morning; and for explaining the finer points of sector plate construction!    Well done and 'thank you' to all concerned.

Best wishes, 

Paul

Edited by Grampus

The show seemed to be a success and looks like there will be a show in 2019. A few niggles but even the Hull MRS layout 'Barrowfleet' settled down OK. We were on the opposite side of the hall to the sun through the windows!

Peter

It was good to see Barrowfleet, haven't seen it for a while.

Whilst being by the windows brought the sun we did have some open to give a cooling breeze and at times the nice smells of the Miniature Trains outside  ;)

Edited by LNERandBR