Paul.Uni

Peco OO9 gauge Ffestiniog Railway Bug Boxes

Just saw these on Hattons

No details of price or date that they are due to appear.

Edited by Paul.Uni
  • Like 2

I am really hoping that these, plus the slate wagon packa give enough traction (pun intended) for wither Heljan or Peco, or Bachmann to make an 009 model of the FR George Englands and Double Farlies aswell as more carriages and wagons.

• Like 1

I am really hoping that these, plus the slate wagon packa give enough traction (pun intended) for wither Heljan or Peco, or Bachmann to make an 009 model of the FR George Englands and Double Farlies aswell as more carriages and wagons.

Now, that would be nice...

Roy

The new Railway Modeller magazine has artwork for the Bug Boxes. The carriage numbers on the models are 1 (observation carriage), 2 (first class carriage) & 3 (third class carriage).

I'm pretty sure Peco have stated before that they won't be doing any locos in 009, but given that Bachmann announced Britomart as one of their Quarry Hunslets initial releases (as and when they arrive) There'll be suitable motive power in RTR form for a modern day FfR rake of bugs.

Who knows what the future will bring loco-wise, but for now I look forward to seeing the samples when they materialise. I've already got the full set of current bug boxes in various kit forms, but I might be tempted by a couple more, especially if we get the lovely Victorian liveried versions!

Cheers

J

It's a shame Roco didn't produce that double Fairlie they talked about a few years back. I wonder if Bachmann could be persuaded to produce Duke (Prince) or Mighty Mac (a double Fairlie) in their Thomas range?

It's a shame Roco didn't produce that double Fairlie they talked about a few years back. I wonder if Bachmann could be persuaded to produce Duke (Prince) or Mighty Mac (a double Fairlie) in their Thomas range?

As I have stated before on the USA Bachmann forums' Thomas section, but the releases are only being done for CGI appearing characters, and have been for a good few years now, so I doubt it'll happen, we just gotta hope Bachmann UK, Heljan, or someone else does them.

At Nuremberg Peco have announced additional types of FR coach and a new Snailbeach District Railways hopper wagon for 2019:

- Ffestiniog Railway Mk3 quarryman's coach

- FR brakevans 6 and 7

- Snailbeach hopper

EF6BF021-670B-4BA9-AE84-655F475E6EBA.jpeg

0FD9B4CC-D98C-4D81-8681-40C87FFAD726.jpeg

E06A0BB4-A9D5-49ED-A075-152362CB4F90.jpeg

Edited by dcroz
  • Like 7

Ooh, I just realised that the bug boxes and the different coaches would go great behind the Bachmann 009 391-051 Britomart as she is preserved on the FR. Hopefully Peco will eventually announce the FR bogie vintage stock and the modern FR coaches and that someone finally does an R-T-R release of the the Englands and Fairlies.

Edited by 9402 Fredrick
  • Like 2

On 20/06/2019 at 08:46, Pre Grouping fan said:

I wonder if theres any updates on these projects? Peco seems to be silent on their developments.

Well one development is that Dundas Models are showing another trio of bug boxes in the original FR brown and purple livery, hopefully hattons and the other shops catch wind of this.

• Like 1

I've already kit built the full set of preserved boxes, but could well be tempted by a couple of these. Especially the Victorian liveried vehicles, as that isn't a livery I fancy doing very often!

Cheers

J