i.Materialise Standard Resin Printing Problems

In recent weeks, I have been having major problems with Standard Resin prints. Models with large horizontal surfaces (e.g. 20 x 20 mm) often exhibit a serious bulging effect, such that the printed surface is 0.8 to 1 mm above the desired surface level.

i.Materialse are saying this is an inherent characteristic of Standard Resin, despite the fact that some prints are still working well, and the problem has only surfaced in the last month or so. I had a couple of prints in the middle of last year with a slight bulging effect, but it has certainly got much worse recently.

I have suggested the problem must be linked to a particular printer or printer(s) and provided examples of some prints from the same order which printed prefectly while others exhibited the bulging effect. However, i.Materalise don't seem to be able to pinpoint the problem, and don't seem interested in tracking it down.

The problem is so bad that I am no longer accepting orders from my Marbelup Models customers, as I can't guarantee getting quality prints from i.Materialise, effectly shutting down my "hobby business" after 5 years of operation.

I have had some parts printed in Gray Resin, at additional expense, to complete existing customer orders after the Standard Resin prints were unusable. i.Materialise gave me a credit for some unusable prints, but are now refusing to do so claiming that a "slightly different output" is normal, despite the areas of bulging greatly exceeding their specificed dimensional accuracy.