Lenz LH101, LZV200, SET101 and trade-in offer.

I sent the items on the 18.12.20, a bit of a silly mistake directly to Lenz at their suggestion, I don't believe A & H take part in this offer. I did insure and track and traced the parcel and it has arrived at Lenz reception at 10 am on the 04.01.21.  I am sure I will have to pay VAT somewhere but they are very similar between the two countries. I just need the booster to run my layout and a bit anxious.

17 hours ago, Simaz said:

......I sent my stuff in December but still heard nothing from Lenz.

My track and Trace says it arrived on the 4th of January.

I am being a bit anxious as my layout needs the LV booster to run. .....

2 hours ago, Simaz said:

I sent the items on the 18.12.20,......directly to Lenz at their suggestion...

......I did insure and track and traced the parcel and it has arrived at Lenz reception at 10 am on the 04.01.21.  ....

.....I just need the booster to run my layout and a bit anxious.

Have you contacted Lenz to get an idea of how long it will take to process and dispatch your order?

If not, it might be worth sending a friendly, polite email.

Do bear in mind that Germany is in something like the 10th week of a strict lockdown, which is expected to go on until the end of this month, or be extended into February or longer.

They are suffering badly with Coronavirus cases.

I assume there will be fewer "non-essential: people working at workplaces and it's entirely possible this will affect a company like Lenz.

The Lenz web site said in December, that they are dispatching products to customers on behalf of retailers who don't have the facility for on-line or mail order services.

So it looks like the company is still functioning in some capacity or other.

Edited by Ron Ron Ron

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Ron Ron Ron said:

Do bear in mind that Germany is in something like the 10th week of a strict lockdown, which is expected to go on until the end of this month, or be extended into February or longer.

They are suffering badly with Coronavirus cases.

I assume there will be fewer "non-essential: people working at workplaces and it's entirely possible this will affect a company like Lenz.

On German Wiki it says Lenz only has around 15 staff, so not a very big company and could be badly affected by absenteeism and lockdowns.

(I also noticed it became part of Modeleisenbahn GmBH (Roco/Fleischmann) from Jan 1 2020)

Corrected. It's another company with (almost) the same name

Edited by melmerby

3 hours ago, melmerby said:

..........(I also noticed it became part of Modeleisenbahn GmBH (Roco/Fleischmann) from Jan 1 2020)

Have you got the right company?

Roco/Fleischmann are part of the Modelleisenbahn Holding GmbH, who are owned by Raiffeisenverband Salzburg (RVS), an Austrian Bank group. 

Lenz Elektronik have been acquired by Modelleisenbahngesellschaft mbH (MEG), registered in Weiden, Germany. (The name translates to Model Railway Society Ltd)

MEG is owned equally by Mr Dietmar Wohlfart and Mr Stephan Huber, who also appear to be the only employees of the company.

Edited by Ron Ron Ron

• RMweb Premium

Mmm. Some German company records show it as Modelleisenbahn Gesellschaft mbH, Weiden

(I assume you know GmbH after a name normally just means Company with Limited Liability)

It's exactly the same name as the Austrian company apart from the location.

When I did a google search on the name I ended up at the Austrian company:(

So we have a Model Eisenbahn Gruppe (MEG) and a Model Eisenbahn Holding Gruppe, how confusing.:scratchhead:

Being part of the Roco/Fleischmann set-up could have been advantageous, especially with past collaborations.

The moral is: Don't rely on Google searches!:nono:

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Simaz said:

Yes I sent an email and they advised me of the costs and address to send the units onto. I am very sure it was the correct address as per the Digital Lenz and Lenz Spur 0 web site. Thanks.

I don't think there is any doubt about the location of Lenz's factory site, it's just the ownership changed a year ago.

Lenz have always seemed somewhat glacial in their progress on things, so unfortunately you might have a wait on your hands for your kit.

They make the wait for new Hornby, Bachmann etc. stuff seem positively short!

I think I was a bit naive thinking it would be an easy painless process and clearly not. I have been told by those who are more familiar with Lenz that it will take its time. Its grin and bare it time.

Here's a question, can i use a LV101 as a booster with a LV200 or should I ask Chris at A & H, or has anyone done this?  Thanks.

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, Simaz said:

I think I was a bit naive thinking it would be an easy painless process and clearly not. I have been told by those who are more familiar with Lenz that it will take its time. Its grin and bare it time.

Here's a question, can i use a LV101 as a booster with a LV200 or should I ask Chris at A & H, or has anyone done this?  Thanks.

Yes you can use the LV101 with the LZV200. I did it for a while with mine.

• 1 month later...

Hello , received my exchanged items today the cost including VAT works out at just over £230, so considering that each item is £170 is it worth it, well only just. I think as time goes on the LV101 and LH90 will devalue so perhaps. I feel I didn't save that much. Also LV101 cannot act as a booster and it could damage your units, the old LV100 had jumpers you could set for it to be a booster so beware. I asked Lenz technical. Thanks for all your comments and advice but it all ended well. Take care and thanks.