• RMweb Gold

Side walls and rear wall have been added as well as dividing walls which act to strengthen the building.

DSCF7437.JPG.21105c0a31d201566bd1489c590a246d.JPG

I still haven't ballasted to the new platform wall.

DSCF7438.JPG.c975114af64adeb604c4215c242b2ee2.JPG

With those large windows, I may just have to make a suggestion of some interiors.

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Gold

Very, very nice Jonathan.

WIth regard to the coal tubs for the coal house. Shapeways have a set of 3 mine tubs that look very close to the type used by the MR. They might need a bit of fettling but I would say they would do the job. They are on the 2nd page of the (00) 1/76 section. A bit pricey but they just need painting so will save quite a bit of work.

Regards Lez.  

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

The roof structure has been started today. First supports for the card that will hold the slates.

DSCF7443.JPG.3e05b09f1c6d2e0ad913fb37359d3700.JPG

DSCF7444.JPG.c88c1cfd2eadae299e716fe56e5f52b2.JPG

Under the card layer that forms the rooms' ceilings is a piece of foam board which fits inside the outer walls.

DSCF7445.JPG.d2a7bb85840fbc897618bf53be7017f6.JPG

This means I can position the roof accurately each time and it will allow access to the rooms from above as well as underneath.

The card layer was glued in place to which will be added the slates.

DSCF7446.JPG.9d2f153661fd45fe0fda3353340d6c7d.JPG

An interior detailing pack and station signs have been ordered from Scale Model Scenery.

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 7

• RMweb Gold

Spent most of this afternoon making 1 chimney! But I have cut out the sides for the other 3 I need. Hopefully I'll get a little quicker now I've found the best way to make them. I want them in place before slating the roof so they look as they are going through it rather than being plonked on top.

DSCF7447.JPG.7c31dcd479711951c982abe2c4113a82.JPG

Edited by Rowsley17D
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Thanks, Lez. I'm not happy with the colour of the "decorative" bits on the chimney, the paint soaks in so quickly, so I hope to give it another coat when I have let it dry overnight.

• RMweb Gold

Sad to say but another bug has struck, so much for near retirement. I was finishing the chimneys when I went cold with the shivers and shaking and the old ticker BP registered 190/90. I thought the end was nigh. The doc in quick order spoke to me on the phone and thinks I've another bug in waterworks she wants to rule out Covid-19 as I have a temperature which I also had previously. So it's off to Kendal tomorrow for some cotton wool up the nose and down the throat.

• Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold

Thanks, Al. The shivers and shakes have gone but the temp is on the rise. The BP is back to normal too as on doc's advice I took a BP tablet. 8.45 pm off to bed now.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, lezz01 said:

Look after yourself Jonathan. 190/90 BP is very high mate.

Regards Lez.

Thanks Lez, the BP came down as quickly as it went up and all is normal this morning, my temperature has come down too. A sample is on the way to the doc so I should know what is what by this afternoon. I must say we have had excellent service from the health centre  saying we have only just joined the practice.

• Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold

Well, the mystery thickens. The urine sample was clear. We're back from C-19 testing so we'll see what that throws up. Temperature back to normal. On a brighter note the station interior and signs packs have arrived from Scale Model Scenery.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

I think your BP medication needs tweaking or reviewing Jonathan. As your temp has come back down I shouldn't think you have covid so I wouldn't spend much time worrying about that. I could be wrong as I'm only a tech, not a clinician, but wifey is in practice management and she says that your symptoms aren't right for covid. 

Regards Lez.   

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

I think your BP medication needs tweaking or reviewing Jonathan. As your temp has come back down I shouldn't think you have covid so I wouldn't spend much time worrying about that. I could be wrong as I'm only a tech, not a clinician, but wifey is in practice management and she says that your symptoms aren't right for covid. 

Regards Lez.   

That's reassuring Lez. Provided the C-19 test comes back negative I have to see my new GP as we have just joined the practice.

• RMweb Gold

After yesterday's still unexplained hiatus I got the 4 chimneys completed. They are not attached yet.

DSCF7448.JPG.c1b920652ce4496c942e6c1a0eebb32a.JPG

Then I had a go at putting some interior details into the main booking hall. It still needs a clock, some posters and timetables on the walls. The wall coverings are for 12' high rooms which I thought was a bit low, so I had to put another layer on top, it makes a sort of picture rail.

DSCF7449.JPG.460270d7370e6330989f4d7daf71b5ae.JPG

DSCF7450.JPG.8e4349c66393fde84a7daa2cf9a0ab18.JPG

Next with the roof on.

DSCF7451.JPG.223f9091c77ed217de3e04a8ed6aaa04.JPG

DSCF7452.JPG.d051cff129ac272b0581488f2359a83e.JPG

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Alister_G said:

That's looking very good.

Al.

Thanks Al, I won't be going to the lengths that you did on Bakewell but it does look better than a totally blank interior through those large windows.

On another brighter note the C-19 test came back negative so I've rebooked my appointment with the new medical practice to see if they can get to the bottom of what else might ail me, and my BP has never been so low (normal).

• Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Rowsley17D said:

On another brighter note the C-19 test came back negative so I've rebooked my appointment with the new medical practice to see if they can get to the bottom of what else might ail me, and my BP has never been so low (normal).

That's good to hear, I hope they manage to work out what's up, and it's nothing drastic.

Al.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

A bit more done on the station building, the large windows and double doors after painting and glazing were glued in place. I used Evo-stik interior wood adhesive as it dries clear. The middle section has been strengthened along the bottom edge as long runs of card tend to bow. I have had a job painting the frames as the paint doesn't appear to like adhering to the material that York MM use in their laser cutting process. Just handling pieces makes the paint come off. I guess I should have primed with Halford's Etch Primer but as Midland glazing bars were white, I didn't want more painting than was necessary. Anyway the end result is pleasing. Fitted doors are for (l to r) Ladies' Waiting Room, Main Waiting Room and Booking Hall, then the Ticket Office.

DSCF7453.JPG.6507119aa3d9b3e7124ff0471b83fc7c.JPG

A longer shot of the station looks like Buxton did when BR removed the train shed roof in the mid 60s.

DSCF7454.JPG.3bbf251d3ab9094fbe520bcbc302b521.JPG

Edited by Rowsley17D
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 9

• RMweb Gold

Hi Lez, was a bit ropey first thing, a bit of a temperature and BP raised once again. I'm going to take my BP again mid-morning to see what my BP meds have done. Strange thing is I had the best night's sleep for some time.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Mid-morning readings back to normal. BP now very low for me, crazy situation. Provided things stay as they are, I going to see if I can see a doc on Monday prior to seeing a nurse practitioner on Wednesday.

Edited by Rowsley17D
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Sounds like you have a UTI Jonathan.

I'm in the middle of building a new raised Koi pond and I spent Weds and Thurs collecting and then stripping pallets for both the structure and cladding. The upshot of which is I collapsed at work yesterday evening with a combination of heat stroke and a hypo. I felt awful! I thought at first I was having some sort of cardiac event and I had left my GTN in the car. I very quietly sent the boy to get me one from stock but my symptoms were not right so I didn't use it. Next thing I knew I was waking up on the floor with my wife and her boss, who is my doctor, kneeling next to me. My pharmacy is bang opposite my surgery. 20/20 nepotism is a wonderful thing. Two hours later after eating I felt fine. I hate getting old mate. Most of the time I'm totally fine and then completely out of the blue it kicks me in the backside and reminds me that I'm NOT 21 anymore. 

I hope you get it sorted out soon mate. Have you had your C19 test results yet?

Regards Lez.     

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, lezz01 said:

Sounds like you have a UTI Jonathan.

I'm in the middle of building a new raised Koi pond and I spent Weds and Thurs collecting and then stripping pallets for both the structure and cladding. The upshot of which is I collapsed at work yesterday evening with a combination of heat stroke and a hypo. I felt awful! I thought at first I was having some sort of cardiac event and I had left my GTN in the car. I very quietly sent the boy to get me one from stock but my symptoms were not right so I didn't use it. Next thing I knew I was waking up on the floor with my wife and her boss, who is my doctor, kneeling next to me. My pharmacy is bang opposite my surgery. 20/20 nepotism is a wonderful thing. Two hours later after eating I felt fine. I hate getting old mate. Most of the time I'm totally fine and then completely out of the blue it kicks me in the backside and reminds me that I'm NOT 21 anymore. 

I hope you get it sorted out soon mate. Have you had your C19 test results yet?

Regards Lez.     

You must have missed my Thursday morning post, Lez. It was negative. very impressed with speed of the result, less than 24 hours. It was a bit warm yesterday but we had a strong breeze which eased things a bit. Anyway you look after yourself, as my dear old Nan used to say, old age is no good to anybody, but it's no good unless you live to see it. Not that I consider 66 to be old. 60s are the new 40s aren't they?

Edited by Rowsley17D
  • Friendly/supportive 1