• RMweb Gold

Feeling a little better this afternoon and to take my mind off the constant ringing in ears and fuzzy head, I did a bit more to the station building. I got the front single doors and small windows in place. Just the back ones to do which will not take as long, just 1 double door and 6 small windows. I left some windows out from the original as they will never be seen but they do show through the front windows.

DSCF7455.JPG.d71b020249e83e9108f1520c25e3c2e9.JPG

DSCF7456.JPG.b57e5e6cd180e813890f58551aff16c5.JPG

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Alister_G said:

Well if you will live next to a church...

:jester:

Al.

Not any more. Moved permanently into the retirement home nearly a month ago now.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

This afternoon was spent putting in the road side elevation windows and main double door with some added extras, although most people will never see this side of the layout, only those brave enough to go into the access area at the back of the goods yard. On a nice day you get a good view of Ingleborough though. D.rain pipes will cover the wall joins

DSCF7457.JPG.5aaa9fb5c3db8da1179bcbf505cfa4dd.JPG

Detailing has also been added to the platform side. There was only one Ladies' Room sign so it had to go on the wall. I don't know how many finger boards I'll knock off when fitting train shed roof. Awaiting slates from York Mm now. I thought I have sufficient in stock, but I haven't, it's surprising how much area the roof covers.

DSCF7458.JPG.b683baabeafbca6252341eedfbae7af8.JPG

DSCF7459.JPG.dcf05342a9ab9b476b2044866ab11983.JPG

Edited by Rowsley17D
Typos
  • Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5

Apologies Jonathan, I’d missed the latest developments. Glad to hear you tested negative but any unexplained change in our health is always of concern once you move into the 60’s and 70’s. Strange thing blood pressure as it can go up and down at various times of the day. Been taking medication for years and at 8.00am I could be 170/90. That’s when I take my daily medication and then by mid afternoon it will be 120/70. Nobody seems that concerned, so I assume it’s normal.

That really is one beautiful station building and you must be very pleased with the result. A first class job on so many levels. Certainly one that raises the very high bar you have set in all you have done to date....

Edited by gordon s
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Gordon, thanks for your kind remarks. My doc said to start worrying if it was 220+ with other symptoms which I've not had. I want this sorted though and need a full 100,000 mile service. It wouldn't be so bad if my fuzzy head would clear and the tinnitus stop. I don't know if I developed this from the meds as the info says everything I am taking can cause it.

Edited by Rowsley17D
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Spot the difference. I've filled in the gap between the ballast edge and the platform wall. As it would have been impossible with the train shed roof in place, So I thought I would do it now.

DSCF7461.JPG.fbc88647c95d4272a205e7fdec8525d4.JPG

I also must remember the wall-mounted buffer-stop. I got one from Lanarkshire Models somewhere!

DSCF7462.JPG.db6de543d82a3690b44f9c0ceaa82b9f.JPG

Next job is to finish the plain wall at the end of the platform.

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, clecklewyke said:

Just lovely, Jonathan.

Do you mind me asking how you attachéd the signs (ladies, Gents etc) so neatly? Super glue, wire?

Look after yourself. Maybe you should take a trip to take the waters at a convenient spa? 

Ian

Hi Ian, I’m in the middle of a shiver episode, so forgive the shaky typing! At least being on here takes my mind off things. I had a phone appointment with my new-to-me-doc first thing this morning who thought this may be caused by one of my BP tablets as I also have night sweats. She is arranging a whole series of tests with nurse practitioner on Wednesday morning. They have been very good given the present situation. I’ll will just be glad to sit I in front of someone who will listen to my whole experience.

Back to modelling, I used Rocket Card glue and put a small drop on some waste Plastikard. Using a craft knife spread it very thinly then dip the short side of the sign which affixes to the model into the glue. Using a pair of tweezers, I straight away affix it to the model, as the glue dries very quickly. Provided you don’t get too much glue on the sign edge it shouldn’t ooze out too much. Unless the building is right the front of the layout, you cannot see the join as a well-loved comedian from not too far away from here, used to say.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Nothing done today as I have had a really bad day which started so well after a good night's sleep. One good thing though, last night I did locate the Lanarkshire Model Supplies' wall mounted buffer stop along with the rail mounted ones which need building and putting in place in one siding, platform 3 and the carriage siding. I even got a first coat of paint on it. Nobody has answered my question from some time ago - did the Midland/LMS paint their buffer planks red?

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Rowsley17D said:

Nobody has answered my question from some time ago - did the Midland/LMS paint their buffer planks red?

The one on the right here definitely looks like it's red:

buxton-bufferstops.jpg.e91f85bfeee1cc6099fad8312bb33ec2.jpg

Al.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I have no idea Jonathan. Midland Style goes into exquisite detail on the colour of the signs but is totally silent about buffer stops. In fact what it says about buffer stops is that the drawings are not worth comment! ??? Those people who burnt the MR drawings and records at Derby have a lot to answer for. Have you asked David Hunt? If anyone knows it's gonna be David.

Regards Lez. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Platform 2 buffer stop has been fitted. Not sure if I should have fixed it to two hefty balks of timber.

DSCF7463.JPG.37c93d225a06d6edd47ce97fe8b7bf2f.JPG

The plain roof supporting wall has received some detailing.

DSCF7464.JPG.de2d4cfd881059a779603125b91e5d81.JPG

A view down the platform so far which shows more ballasting required. The roof slates are due tomorrow so that should keep me occupied for a while too.

DSCF7465.JPG.511ff245a5ad567ce585639c0041b631.JPG

Edited by Rowsley17D
  • Like 18

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

Nice work Jonathan, it looks really good.

Al.

Thanks, Al, your comments are much appreciated. Looking at that long view again shows I need to tone down the freshly laid ballast look.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Rowsley17D said:

A view down the platform so far which shows more ballasting required.

Use a mirror, or failing that, I have used the reverse-camera on a mobile phone to look at hidden things, whilst viewing the screen.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Regularity said:

Use a mirror, or failing that, I have used the reverse-camera on a mobile phone to look at hidden things, whilst viewing the screen.

Hi Simon

Thanks for that. Fortunately the platform is close enough to the edge of the base board to lean over and see the problem. Also I have access from the back of the layout and while I cannot reach this platform from there, I can see where I have missed certain things.

• RMweb Gold

Several wagon loads of best Welsh slate arrived in the goods yard at Derwent today and no time was wasted getting it unloaded and a few courses laid before end of day. To help matters the roof had been taken off, so no scaffolding needed!

DSCF7466.JPG.5d7ccb25ea01e7fe8e73f22ebd19f9f2.JPG

DSCF7467.JPG.06c6df08bba1fab3c175f688b9dec157.JPG

• Like 12