Thanks @Alister_G that's just what I am looking for, I will order a set. I see that they do some very accurate models of scooters. Like I was saying to @NHY 581 earlier, it's easy to get distracted by interesting models. Trouble is if I bought the scooters, I will have to build a 4mm scale seaside pier to chuck them off...

PS. Ordered, thanks, much cheaper than eBay middle men!

Edited by MrWolf
PostScript!

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Thanks @Alister_G that's just what I am looking for,

You're very welcome mate, no problem.

Yes I know what you mean, when you go on sites like that, you discover all sorts of things you'd never given thought to before, but which suddenly become indispensible items for the layout, or the next layout...

Sorry Jonathan for the hijack.

Al.

Likewise, apologies for the hijack, but you've all been very helpful. 

Something that might be of interest is a review in one of the monthly comics, Railway Modeller I believe, of the new Bachmann Midland Railway 1532 class 0-4-4 tank. What drew my attention was the photo of one during MR days at Buxton shed. 

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Likewise, apologies for the hijack, but you've all been very helpful. 

Something that might be of interest is a review in one of the monthly comics, Railway Modeller I believe, of the new Bachmann Midland Railway 1532 class 0-4-4 tank. What drew my attention was the photo of one during MR days at Buxton shed. 

No hijack at all. It's very informative when things like this happen as it saves hours searching Google or your favourite search engine which presents you with loads of stuff you don't want. Recommendations are worth a great deal. 

My 1532 Class is on pre-order and I'm musing over getting a second with my first state pension payment after all Buxton had 3 of them when the old Midland shed closed in 1935.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, 2750Papyrus said:

I have only just found this thread, which shows good modelling, humour and useful links to sites like Kirtley models. 

Excellent stuff!

Welcome on board and all contributions welcome too.

• RMweb Gold

Taking it easy this pm. I had a camera job where the sun don't shine this morning to remove a couple of polyps and while that was part was fine, drinking the awful stuff they give for the night before to clear the way ought to banned under the chemical weapons treaty. What's worse is they found 2 larger polyps which're going to need a repeat performance in 2-4 weeks time.

So just some simple modelling this afternoon. Last night I dug out the scratch-built weighbridge I made for the low-level coal yard (which was replaced with a laser-printed one as it was on the viewing edge). It was put into the setts of the upper yard with the small office building. A protection rail was soldered up out of a piece of bullhead and painted in rail rust.. A dusting of weathering powder black blended things in.

1791084664_DSCF7815(2).JPG.2a2c11a7ed05e7b47f5fbb0b0a8c2b59.JPG

When I have lived with it I'll glue the building down.

Edited by Rowsley17D
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Rowsley17D said:

Taking it easy this pm. I had a camera job where the sun don't shine this morning to remove a couple of polyps and while that was part was fine, drinking the awful stuff they give for the night before to clear the way ought to banned under the chemical weapons treaty. What's worse is they found 2 larger polyps which're going to need a repeat performance in 2-4 weeks time.

I’ve had two of them, both a few years ago and fortunately nothing found, but I’ll agree that the worst bit is the previous day’s preparation.  I’ve had two different sorts of prep liquid, different, but neither nice.

Paul.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Sorry to hear about your last couple of days, Jonathan. Having the world fall out of your bottom is not a lot of fun. Having suffered with Ulcerative Colitus for 60 years, it’s an unfortunate part of life we have to endure. If it’s any consolation, not having the treatment is not a viable alternative if you want to enjoy your layout. I really hope  you’ll feel better in a few days.....:superman:

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Speaking as a pharmacy technician and given that I know exactly what is in the aforementioned terrible drinks I feel your pain Jonathan. I hope the effects quickly wear off and you're back to normal self soon.

I must also say that I do like that weighbridge and office building, the guard rail particularly is very good mate. It sets the whole scene off very well. 

Regards Lez. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to @Middlepeak of this parish who sent me laser walling he no longer needed, I've used some to replace the fence at the front of the layout. I kept bending the fence when leaning over to carry out work further back. At least the foam stuff just springs back.

DSCF7819.JPG.a6ec0d4f67e224cbfd7b374d820e6ecc.JPG

1084787388_DSCF7820(2).JPG.6eec746a62c66a51ab303443b46c9397.JPG

Edited by Rowsley17D
To crop 2nd photo
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Twice a day it is six hours fast or slow but it's also right twice a day too.

I've taken delivery of a set of graphite sticks to see if I can virtually eliminate unscheduled stops. The tank engines are the worst culprits. Will experiment and report back.

Edited by Rowsley17D
  • Like 1