• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Great piece of photography (and modelmaking!) could have been taken at a real location 90 years ago.

Thanks. My photos seem to be best in B&W and I have to take a great many of them in order to get a decent one.

On 14/03/2021 at 12:28, lezz01 said:

It's a very interesting track formation Jonathan. What would you call it? An interlaced double crossover maybe? I'd love a go at building that.

Regards Lez.  

It is an off centred scissors crossover.  Fascinating.

Derek

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, lmsforever said:

Keep well hope all goes well next week perhaps you could take a kit with you to build take your name off what your in for!

I don't think the staff would be very pleased when I spill MEK all over the place!

• Funny 4

4 hours ago, Rowsley17D said:

I don't think the staff would be very pleased when I spill MEK all over the place!

See if you can pinch some locking forceps while you're in there, very handy for soldering.

Failing that, industrial alcohol (pre paint cleaning / old loco grease removal) scalpel blades, razor saw, etc etc... 

• Like 1

Their Anglepoise magnifying lamps are much better than the hobby type. 

Dental ones are great but due to their size tricky to smuggle out unless you have a diversion. A plumber's smoke bomb chucked in a cupboard is enough...

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, MrWolf said:

See if you can pinch some locking forceps while you're in there, very handy for soldering.

Failing that, industrial alcohol (pre paint cleaning / old loco grease removal) scalpel blades, razor saw, etc etc... 

11 hours ago, Mrkirtley800 said:

In addition to Mr Wolfs shopping list, how about some lights on a head band.

Derek

10 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Their Anglepoise magnifying lamps are much better than the hobby type. 

Dental ones are great but due to their size tricky to smuggle out unless you have a diversion. A plumber's smoke bomb chucked in a cupboard is enough...

My bishop would remind me of the 8th commandment before removing my licence!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Through the op now and making good progress according to the medics although they say discomfort could increase tomorrow. I hope Gordon will soon be a similar position.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Rowsley17D said:

making good progress according to the medics although they say discomfort could increase tomorrow

Every silver lining has a cloud, eh? Cheery people, these medics!

Good to hear it went well.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Regularity said:

Every silver lining has a cloud, eh? Cheery people, these medics!

Good to hear it went well.

26 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

If they cured you instantly, lots of people would be out of a job, plus your consultant might get hauled up before Pilate and we all know that never ends well.

Pesky humans...

The hours these medics work is incredible. My consultant was here when I arrived at 7.15 am and was still on the ward after 9pm. He was back here at 6am this morning!

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Rowsley17D said:

The hours these medics work is incredible. My consultant was here when I arrived at 7.15 am and was still on the ward after 9pm. He was back here at 6am this morning!

I used to be married to a medical doctor. Believe me, what they do now is nothing compared to the 90s.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Rowsley17D said:

Ah the good days,eh?

Not as good as the Head of Department/Professor, in whose day as a junior doctor, would only be woken in the direst of emergencies and then by a nurse bringing him a cup of tea...

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Regularity said:

Not as good as the Head of Department/Professor, in whose day as a junior doctor, would only be woken in the direst of emergencies and then by a nurse bringing him a cup of tea...

But they were next pecking order to the Almighty.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, chuffinghell said:

For some reason when I start to type ‘op’ it automatically changes it to ‘OO’

My phone knows me better than I do 

Do you say “Oooo” a lot, then? :)

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Rowsley17D said:

But they were next pecking order to the Almighty.

Hope you don’t mind this, given your calling...

There’s bit of jostling going on in the queue outside the Pearly Gates, and St. Peter (not known for his patience) tells everyone to calm down and wait their turn as time is pretty immaterial when you are living for eternity.

A bit later, more brouhaha breaks out and people start complaining about “some old guy with a beard and a Gladstone bag” walking straight past everyone and seemingly jumping the queue.

”Oh, Him?” Says St. Peter, “That’s just God. We let out occasionally to play doctor.”

• Like 1
  • Funny 3