New Roco Z21 app

Message added by AY Mod

Please reduce the confrontational aspects to this topic. Just kiss and make up a bit - 08 May

Yep, I downloaded it when I posted the message about it being available

Absolutely no issue, but I don’t see any benefits either :(

Roco have told me that the are working on the English translation but it will be a few weeks before it is completed and they will add bits as it becomes available

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Vecchio

What I miss is a "loco lock". It is quite easy to move to the neighbouring loco on the database by mistake. When the buffer stop comes closer the only button that helps in this case is STOP in the top right corner...

Did any other user have this experience?

go to settings And app settings

scroll down to swipe between locos

and turn this off

no more hitting the buffers

you can still scroll between active locos at the bottom. 

Regards

jeff

In regards to the new app

The now available app update can help us out to remove the point numbers
Yet retain the route information which would also be removed before this update. 
However a bit of typing is involved. 
In control station delete all the route information out of the discription box, and replace with the new note box that can now be created. Slide it into position under the route Y circle, type the description of the route then size it up using the slide bar. 
Now when you turn off the point numbers in the settings for the app,you will still have your route info showing as a note. 
Regards
Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Dr dieselm2 said:

Hi Vecchio

What I miss is a "loco lock". It is quite easy to move to the neighbouring loco on the database by mistake. When the buffer stop comes closer the only button that helps in this case is STOP in the top right corner...

Did any other user have this experience?

go to settings And app settings

scroll down to swipe between locos

and turn this off

no more hitting the buffers

you can still scroll between active locos at the bottom. 

Regards

jeff

Found it in the meantime. Many thanks anyway!

I found this explanation for V1.1.1 upgrade in the App store:

What's New

An error has crept into the recent version of the app which made the control station unable to respond to touch input. That error has been removed in the current version. We are really grateful for all your reviews and error reports and apologize for any invonveniences this might have caused. We wish you lots of fun using the Z21 app.

Cheers ... Alan

21 minutes ago, Alan Kettlewell said:

I found this explanation for V1.1.1 upgrade in the App store:

What's New

An error has crept into the recent version of the app which made the control station unable to respond to touch input. That error has been removed in the current version. We are really grateful for all your reviews and error reports and apologize for any invonveniences this might have caused. We wish you lots of fun using the Z21 app.

Cheers ... Alan

Now, I would have thought that someone here would have noticed this fault before they told us that it was a fault and that they had corrected it :)

• Like 1

According to a mail I have just received there is an update for the WLAN Multimaus to v1.08 and this is what it delivers

Among other things, the new WLAN MULTIMAUS update includes the following corrections and features: If the locomotive is changed when the throttle function is activated, the last direction of a stationary locomotive is displayed correctly. The radio module stability has been improved so that the known connection terminations no longer occur. Under SETTINGS | INFO | CENTRAL can be retrieved the panel type as well as its firmware version and power consumption. Under SETTINGS | CENTRAL is generated depending on the determined control panel a dynamic menu for various control panel settings.

The new WLANMAUS® Firmware V1.08 includes the following new features:

Correction: In the menu item SETTINGS - OFF TIME the current value is displayed immediately after pressing the OK key.

Correction: After a network change, the WLANMAUS® does not have to be switched off and on again for a connection to be established.

Correction: If the locomotive is changed when the throttle function is activated, then the last direction of a stationary locomotive will now be displayed correctly. 

Correction: Radio module stability has been improved so that the known connection drops no longer occur.

New feature: The gear selection has been improved to allow a more precise setting of the desired gear.

New feature: Quick programming via the function keys has been extended: MENU + "6" = CV MODIFY, MENU + "7" = LONG ADDRESS, MENU + "9" = CV29, MENU + "0" = SSID.

New feature: Under SETTINGS - OPERATION - SCROLL SPEED you can set the running speed for long texts.

New feature: Under SETTINGS - INFO - CENTRAL the central unit type as well as its firmware version and power consumption can be called up.

New feature: Under SETTINGS - CENTRAL, a dynamic menu for various panel settings is generated depending on the determined control panel.

New feature: Under SETTINGS the additional submenu SMARTRAIL for various smartRail ™ settings is generated when connecting to a smartRail ™.

This is within the new Z21 Maint App

Edited by WIMorrison
  • Informative/Useful 1

And the new version of the maint app provides 

The Z21® Maintenance Tool V1.14 includes the following new features:

The Z21® Update V1.33 (included in Maintenance V1.14) includes the following changes:

• Configuration option and firmware update for the Z21® Booster 10806 and 10807 installed via CAN

• Added firmware / sound update capability for Zimo MX600, MX616, MX659 and MX660 decoders

• Wrong scaled rendering corrected at 125% text size

• Corrections to the firmware update process for the MULTIMAUS®

• CAN: Extensions for the Z21® Booster 10806 and 10807 installed (nominal voltage, short-circuit messages, RailCom® forwarding)

• DCC: CV register programming for Roco decoder 10740 and 10741 corrected

• DCC: fine-tuning of RailCom® cut-out timing improved

• X-BUS: Extension for the handheld controllers LH101 and LH01 installed

Booster Firmware V1.10.0

First released firmware for the Z21® Booster 10806 and 10807

you can get it all on the German site :)

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, WIMorrison said:

According to a mail I have just received there is an update for the WLAN Multimaus to v1.08 and this is what it delivers

That's annoying as I dowloaded the maintenance app yesterday and have just (5 minutes ago) updated the Maus from V1.04 to 1.06!

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, WIMorrison said:

Keith

good thing is that you have had practice upgrading it now :)

iain

Yes

Went straight back and did the second update. (And the Z21)

All done now

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium

In the Google Play store there are two "Z21" apps. What's the difference?

Something I have noticed with the app on my Android tablet is that the speed sliders always go from 0-126 whether you have set km/h, speed steps, or mph.

Is that something I am doing wrong?

22 minutes ago, melmerby said:

In the Google Play store there are two "Z21" apps. What's the difference?

Something I have noticed with the app on my Android tablet is that the speed sliders always go from 0-126 whether you have set km/h, speed steps, or mph.

Is that something I am doing wrong?

The black one is the newer version introduced last year.  Some like it, some don't, a lot seem to have got used to it and now like it.  I'm still with the old App because the track layout screens suit mine better- however I'm sure at some point it will become unsupported so I'll have to switch.  Best way I think is to download it and have a play - you can run both Apps at the same time and transfer your layout file to the new app easy enough.

Regarding speed on the slider, may I suggest you tinker with the loco speed settings for each loco?  It should change the values on the slider.

Cheers... Alan

Edited by Alan Kettlewell

Keith,

there are also settings in the App that let you change the reaction of the throttle that are worth looking at (at least on the black (new) version :))

I should point out though that unless you have speed profiled the locos using the Z21 app then the speed is rather arbitrary and you are probably better with the speed steps. Though you can set a max speed which will make the slider move between zero and whatever you set at the top. You can also set a speed curve for the slider in the App settings as suggested above

Iain

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, WIMorrison said:

Keith,

there are also settings in the App that let you change the reaction of the throttle that are worth looking at (at least on the black (new) version :))

I should point out though that unless you have speed profiled the locos using the Z21 app then the speed is rather arbitrary and you are probably better with the speed steps. Though you can set a max speed which will make the slider move between zero and whatever you set at the top. You can also set a speed curve for the slider in the App settings as suggested above

Iain

Hi Iain

I have entered the max speed for all the locos I have added to the app but whatever the max speed the slider still goes from 0 to 126

It doesn't matter whether I have set km or mph or speed steps.

I assumed I was doing something wrong.

I am using the older app (that was the one that I dowloaded some time back) so I have downloaded the later one and will give that a try.

I have just reported an error to Roco for the latest Z21 App on my iPhone.

when I chose to export the layout via email to myself, something I do periodically to have a backup, the app correctly creates the email but it doesn't attach the layout :( I use Outlook on my phone as my email client.

Does anyone else see the same?