My Old Layout Pics

grahame

Hi grahame

I can remember seeing this layout  a few times at Exhibitions very nice layout is it still running or has it been retired more pictures please.

I sold it over a year ago now.

I'll dig out some more pics.

G

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Hi there Grahame.

Great layout mate and you got rid of it because...........?

Also I'm loving your ID pic. Fireball XL5 is it not? I just about remember it on the goggle box although only in black and white, never seen a colour pic nice!

Regards Lez.Z.

Lovely to see Stoney Lane again Grahame. I well remember the numerous articles covering the construction of various bits and pieces that appeared and it was (and still is) a top example of what is possible in N gauge!

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures in due course. :)

Edited by Atso

Great layout mate and you got rid of it because...........?

Also I'm loving your ID pic. Fireball XL5 is it not? I just about remember it on the goggle box although only in black and white, never seen a colour pic nice!

I sold it as it was a portable exhibition layout and it got too much for me lugging it to shows. The next layout will be a 'stay-at-home' one but I need to move first. I've started making buildings for it. See this thread: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/115057-scratch-built-card-and-styrene-structures-based-on-real-buildings/page-1

And yep, the pic is Colonel Steve Zodiac and doctor of space medicine Venus on their jetmobiles from Fireball XL5. It was a B&W Gerry Anderson TV series from 1962/63 but there is a colourised episode available and colourised stills available on the web.

G.

Any chance of some Hedges Hill pics? There may be a few who haven't seen it. Have also been enjoying your recent card building posts.

I built 'Hedges Hill Cutting' back in the 1980s/early 90s before digital photography was popular and established and before I owned a digital camera which means I have fewer pics. However, I sold it to a model railway club (quite some years ago) and they do still exhibit at shows so there may be some recent snaps around.

Nonetheless I'll take a look to see what I've got filed away on my PC.

G

• Like 1

Many thanks for posting Grahame...

Any chance of some Hedges Hill pics? There may be a few who haven't seen it. Have also been enjoying your recent card building posts.

Regards - Steve

Hi

been trying to think what Grahame's other layout was that was another good one.

Steve 

• RMweb Premium

I wasn't sure where to post these, but here's some pics of an old N gauge layout of mine that I came across while searching my hard disk for something else.

Just some old layout... Still the best evocation of its time and place that I've seen.

• RMweb Premium

I've been lucky enough to have seen both of these layouts in the flesh and have to agree that they are really superb examples of what can be achieved in 2mm.

Railways in South London are more interesting than North of the river :jester:  and the time frames are right up my street!

Many thanks for posting.

People who think that a small urban layout needs to be a square box with houses along the back should be made to look at Hedges Hill until the penny drops. It's a superbly composed scene.

I see it as a prime example of a railway cutting through the scenery, as it should, and not the scenery being placed around the railway.

• 2 weeks later...