Dovecliffe (from page 9)

Guest Bri.s

Hi guys

This is my new layout thread ,I’ve had half built layouts in firstly N gauge then I moved to 00 for around 2month and moved upto 0 gauge where I’m staying lol

The layout is called Barnsley Victoria

I love the railways of Southyorkshire and the area around Barnsley.

I’d love to do a real place but nothing I wanted I had the space for lol.

so I decided on a fictional station set in Barnsley town centre somewhere around where Barnsley exchange was it the interchange is

The layouts 22feet X10 feet

Dcc

I’m hoping for a mix of freight and passenger

I’ve got 3/4’s of the baseboards built and part of the track laid ,I’m hoping to have something running very soon

Here area a couple of staged shots of what will be the goods-yard area

My class 37 slowly moving off from the loop with a mixed freight

post-31055-0-22819500-1517766200_thumb.jpeg

post-31055-0-70608600-1517766225_thumb.jpeg

post-31055-0-38588200-1517766257_thumb.jpeg

post-31055-0-30023500-1517766281_thumb.jpeg

post-31055-0-87296000-1517766473_thumb.jpeg

I’ll draw a plan up later

Thanks

Brianpost-31055-0-87296000-1517766473_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Bri.s

Hi Brian,

Must be a bit cold up in the loft at the moment, my layout is in my garage and just a bit to chilly for a Southern softy like me.

I have two radiators waiting to put in, but like most things back in the summer it was not at the front of the queue, how I regret that at the moment.

Martyn.

Master D and Miss D were provided with 3 big big wagons and a Lima toad, to bang about with their locos. A modified Atlas 0-6-0 made a passable Mavis, and a Lima bogie under a plasticard shell provided a Toby, without faces, of course. They were tamed by old Lenz decoders with limited top speeds. Much fun was had before other childhood attractions led them astray!

Neither plays trains, though they’re both studying Engineering. Maybe some of it rubbed off. :)

Enjoy!

Simon

• Like 1

All looking very good Brian, you'r buildings are superb, why do you think you're doing mine for me????? lol

There will be no stopping you two now, get some Cool White LED lights up in the attic and your phone should behave better.

I use multi light ceiling fittings that take GU10 bulbs and purchase 10 x GU10 'Cool White' bulbs off Amazon for around £22!!!

These give excellent light coverage and your phone camera and video should cope ok with it.

Jinty ;)

Brian, from my experience, if you want to be able to use the lamp brackets, I recommend you drill them and solder some 0.020" wire through.  Then drill a hole in the wagon and fix the brackets with CA. 

Slaters do lost wax brass brackets with integral wire. 

On second thought,  I see 3 link couplings so if the wagon is not AVB fitted it would not have lamp brackets.  Fitted goods wagons frequently had instanter couplings. 

Annoyingly, Parkside insist on supplying only 3 link couplings with their kits.  You might find a pair plastic instanter links which I wouldn't use. (Because I'm a fusspot)

I find Paul Bartletts collection infinitely useful.

Oh! The confusion!

John

Edited by brossard
  • Like 1

The old hut is now (Apart from a bit of roof weathering ) finished and ready for layout

Smashed windows and someone’s nicked chimney pot lol

attachicon.gifE6A7CFD1-ED8A-409B-8FCE-BFCCF7227425.jpeg

attachicon.gif0D35FE8E-CB53-4062-8626-022769FF3047.jpeg

attachicon.gif8A1CC757-E592-4F23-B181-DB584BBC1C43.jpeg

Thanks

Brian

Fantastic work on the hut, Brian. Cant wait to see the progress on this project!!

Regards, Deano.

Brian, I've used Slaters which have lost wax cast links.

Just for a laugh I also checked Pauls site.  There didn't seem to be any BR pipe wagons, but there are a number of LMS examples.  Yes, most had instanter but I suspect they weren't vac braked (no bar between axleboxes).

John

Brian, I've used Slaters which have lost wax cast links.

Just for a laugh I also checked Pauls site.  There didn't seem to be any BR pipe wagons, but there are a number of LMS examples.  Yes, most had instanter but I suspect they weren't vac braked (no bar between axleboxes).

John

Not sure what this is referring to. 210 photos for a wagon design of 2000 built isn't bad! http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brpipe Only 50 were for paper.

Paul

Got a coat of paint on the hopper and pipe wagon thing

Pipe wagon still needs another body coat

attachicon.gif1333E578-E300-4AD9-AC85-6F27CE037EE9.jpeg

Decided to make this any guesses for what I’ll use it for lol

attachicon.gifFEF4A50F-3BFC-4502-8FFB-042E55589193.jpeg

Regards

Brian

Hopper and pipe wagon look good Brian.

Did you do what I suggested with the hopper body colour?

As for the other thing.........................................  Looks like it's going to hurt like hell!!!!!!!!! :O :o :O

Jinty ;)

Had a hour or so and experimented with some rust weathering

attachicon.gif05C7CAE2-983C-495D-A3B0-A77CA80EC22D.jpeg

attachicon.gif5BE5A7B0-DAF9-4144-969D-4424BA878CF5.jpeg

Regards

Brian

That's coming on well, but you may want to go back to the Nail Bar and let them finish your thumb nail off!!!  ;)

Seriously, what technique have you used? Is it just a brush application and are you going to try the 'chipping effects method?

This guy has some serious skills in weathering.

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

I tried the salt method - it worked but looked wrong on the vehicle I’d done it on so painted over it -I’ll use it again though.

Briefly, dampen with water, sprinkle with salt, allow to dry, spray paint, rub off salt, wash if needed

Effective and very cheap!!

Best

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Lol I get a bit too focused and times flys lol

Hopefully I’ll get top part of the bridge support done tomorrow

Got to say it’s a lot easier carving stone than those all so small bricks lol

Brian

Brian

Is there a specific tool you used to carve into the foamex?

Jim