APCM Ltd Box Van ?

slilley

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

It's all there in the thread above. John Isherwood of Cambridge Custom Transfers. ^_^

Thanks Mick - I did scan the various threads but missed that - BL180 it is then...

Chris

• RMweb Premium
On 15/12/2020 at 11:38, Gilbert said:

One for me please Ian. What was the source of transfers?

Chris

Hi Gilbert

I have put you on the list, I'll be in touch by pm to confirm with you.

The transfers are John's, Cambridge Custom transfers.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, Bungus the Fogeyman said:

Ian

Can you stick me down for a couple please.......in for a penny etc etc etc

Disgusting of Market Harborough

O.K. you are on the list, I'll confirm pm in a day or two.

If anybody else want to go onto the list can you please pm me as it is easier for me to keep track of who is who then and it doesn't clog up this thread unnecessarily.

Don't forget I have a separate thread covering the build for this one here:-

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/160403-apcm-bagged-cement-van-in-4mm-scale/

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

We've seen images of the prototype PVV, in revenue earning service in this thread as well as of the fate of most of their number. I shared a couple of views of the underneath of these vehicles, in preservation but I thought I should share some of the photographs I have taken of the 2 preserved wagons, taken during the last couple of years. Prospective modellers might be interested as it's difficult to go and have a look themselves. 

These are at the Aln Valley Railway, in Northumberland and at the Somerset and Dorset Railway Trust at Midsomer Norton, Somerset.  

I'll post more on the thread, posted to demonstrate the kit currently in preparation.

003.jpg.009378bad3db509c4d9f8d0c109fe5c2.jpg005.jpg.ad1cc9651f7e4236b0bf5729d7f5fe41.jpg001.jpg.03a13b2fab19255410c63e79219c4f1e.jpgP1070008.JPG.24917d3e0beaaf802bf88470b7c6ce8d.JPG1042050418_BV-625342.jpg.0a6df50d74719a6b0f833c3a3d03c51c.jpg1934737092_P1070019(2).JPG.9b3e8cee9e33c5b12551e5f124906ec4.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Southernman46 said:

Accurascale seem to be taking their sweet time in announcing this ......................................................:D

Ian is building them as fast as he can, do you know how long it takes to assemble 1000 brass kits?!!

Mike.

• Funny 1

• 2 months later...

To whom it may concern,

I finally have my six vans built and painted. Next job is to apply decals and then decide the condition they will run in. Any images I can find have them shining like the proverbial toilet door, circa 1964. I wonder how they faired in terms of upkeep? Did they very quickly weather to a more pleasing condition?

What we need is someone with experience in the cement industry and who now makes wagons dirty for a living.

Do we know anyone who fits that MO?

Ha'way Mick, get them built and let's see how you weather them.

Edited by RBAGE
More than one van has an "s" at the end.
  • Funny 1

It's a thing to laugh at Mick. I was hoping for more of a response than a snigger. I was expecting a "stand easy Bage", "it'll be on my Blog, very soon".

Whatever a blog is.

Edited by RBAGE
Declaring my ignorance of technology.

3 hours ago, RBAGE said:

To whom it may concern,

I finally have my six vans built and painted. Next job is to apply decals and then decide the condition they will run in. Any images I can find have them shining like the proverbial toilet door, circa 1964. I wonder how they faired in terms of upkeep? Did they very quickly weather to a more pleasing condition?

What we need is someone with experience in the cement industry and who now makes wagons dirty for a living.

Do we know anyone who fits that MO?

Ha'way Mick, get them built and let's see how you weather them.

There's a colour photo of BV 007 in 'British Railway's Goods Wagons in colour' by Robert Hendry. It was taken in 1976 at Gloucester station. The vehicle is quite heavily weathered, though all inscriptions are legible.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

An etched kit from Ian McDonald (McGeordie on here) is, I believe, shortly to be available. If it’s even half as good as his other kits it will be a cracker. As John Isherwood says, transfers are already available from Cambridge Custom transfers.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, RBAGE said:

It's a thing to laugh at Mick. I was hoping for more of a response than a snigger. I was expecting a "stand easy Bage", "it'll be on my Blog, very soon".

Whatever a blog is.

If you're in that much of a hurry send them to me and I'll work on them. Can't guarantee you'll get the same ones back, mind.

26 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

If you're in that much of a hurry send them to me and I'll work on them. Can't guarantee you'll get the same ones back, mind.

If I do that, you'll see all the wobbly bits and realise how bad I am at this game.

From a distance, with poor photography, I can maintain my coveted "less than average modeller" status.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

You'll be meaning one o these?

https://porcysplog.blogspot.com/

Found this on my Hard Drive.  No ideas of its origins. Nothing to give any clues in the exif. I'll remove it if it offends.

APCM-6262-22TSm_1980.jpg

Thanks Bonny Lad,

This looks much later than my period but it gives a good impression of how they weathered. So, if I can come up with a restrained version of this it my reflect the late 1960s.

They haven't done a very good job on this one. You can seeall the brush strokes.