Now that I have less going on with work I can get back to modelling. 

Here is the chassis for the KLR's new express engine, a Raven A2. 
image.png.09fb4f9cb1817cc6123da1d120c6aeeb.png

1509949531_DSC_00042.JPG.5841bbf5777e9c656dd5bee4a0f9f952.JPG

Triang B12 motor and chassis, front bogie from a Triang A3 and the rear bogie from an Airfix Prairie. Cylinders are I think from a Radial Tank of some make and description. I should have an NER tender somewhere for it too. 

Edited by RedGemAlchemist
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.bd29120f6f4cfc963a2a097df297f1bc.png

The A2 continues. The boiler is an old sink pipe, and the smokebox, chimney and dome are from a Triang B12. Making that cab was a pain as I ran out of NER ones; cab sides, roof and the little step are from the Hornby rebuilt A3 Flying Scotsman, and the firebox and spectacle plate is from the Triang un-rebuilt A1 version (both being the last remnants of the bits and bobs I purchased from @sem34090 about two years ago.) The tender at the back will likely be familiar to you, as it's the one that came with No.9 Edward Bradleigh I and I replaced with a Fowler one, then I used it on No.19 Suffolk Punch (the J17) briefly. It's now sat on a Lima tender chassis with no motor, but I need to work out a proper way to get the wheels to stay in place without the motor assembly there.

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

29 minutes ago, RedGemAlchemist said:

The A2 continues. The boiler is an old sink pipe, and the smokebox, chimney and dome are from a Triang B12. Making that cab was a pain as I ran out of NER ones; cab sides, roof and the little step are from the Hornby rebuilt A3 Flying Scotsman, and the firebox and spectacle plate is from the Triang un-rebuilt A1 version (both being the last remnants of the bits and bobs I purchased from @sem34090 about two years ago.) The tender at the back will likely be familiar to you, as it's the one that came with No.9 Edward Bradleigh I and I replaced with a Fowler one, then I used it on No.19 Suffolk Punch (the J17) briefly. It's now sat on a Lima tender chassis with no motor, but I need to work out a proper way to get the wheels to stay in place without the motor assembly there.

Looking good so far. Very clever use of the old sink pipe

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sophia NSE said:

Looking good so far. Very clever use of the old sink pipe

Cheers. When you work in property management and renovation like I do you end up with a lot of that sort of thing. Why you also see a lot of copper wire, wooden dowels and plastic tubes in my scratchbuilds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedGemAlchemist said:

Your MOJO is DEFINITELY working.
I'm looking forward to see where this goes.
Regards,
Chris.

Edited by Sandhole
  • Thanks 1

Amazed to see those bits are still fuelling your modelling: I'll have to send some more! :)

Which reminds me that I still owe @AVS1998 some coach kits... I first promised them to her something like six months ago.

Edited by sem34090

6 hours ago, sem34090 said:

Amazed to see those bits are still fuelling your modelling: I'll have to send some more! :)

Which reminds me that I still owe @AVS1998 some coach kits... I first promised them to her something like six months ago.

And me some corrected wagon CAD!

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, sem34090 said:

Well, an A3 running board with splashers would be helpful :P
I also remember you planned to send me an M&GN Class A Rebuild to be KLR No.2

Spelling
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Edwardian said:

And me some corrected wagon CAD!

3 hours ago, RedGemAlchemist said:

Well, an A3 running board with splashers would be helpful :P
I also remember you planned to send me an M&GN Class A Rebuild to be KLR No.2

Good Lord - Sorry chaps. I know everything is being put off, so sorry about that. I'm very wrapped up in this Isle of Wight tube train business currently but am hoping to return to CAD and modelling within the next month or so. I'll try and dig out that radial conversion.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, sem34090 said:

Good Lord - Sorry chaps. I know everything is being put off, so sorry about that. I'm very wrapped up in this Isle of Wight tube train business currently but am hoping to return to CAD and modelling within the next month or so. I'll try and dig out that radial conversion.

No worries mate. I get that you've been busy. And it's not as if any of us are in any rush to be fair :P

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Another long wait, and another new loco. The new KLR No.18, a preserved version of the real world B17/5 City of Norwich, purchased from my good friend @BlueLightning620982034_DSC_00752.JPG.6b2843435cf19bc3b64a131d2da3ba98.JPG

I actually only add to paint the black and make some chassis edits. The green is the colour it came in. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Just now, RedGemAlchemist said:

Another long wait, and another new loco. The new KLR No.18, a preserved version of the real world B17/5 City of Norwich, purchased from my good friend @BlueLightning@BlueLightning@BlueLightning@BlueLightning. 620982034_DSC_00752.JPG.6b2843435cf19bc3b64a131d2da3ba98.JPG

I actually only add to paint the black and make some chassis edits. The green is the colour it came in. 

Great to see you still in the world my Friend.
I always had a soft spot for the 'mini A4'. I thought they were a very pleasing loco.
Here's a question, you have your excellent Raven pacific, will a P2 2-8-2 ever grace the tracks of your line.
There was a Brunswick Green Bugatti P2 that made it to BR. OH MY YES. I will repaint the Hornby model that will, all being well, my Christmas present to myself..
By the way, the 2-8-0 I was creating is still there.
I went through some very serious mental, lockdown created stuff and my mojo went.
I'm back, now and the mojo is coming back.
Take care and keep up the good work,
Regards,
Chris.

8 minutes ago, Sandhole said:

Great to see you still in the world my Friend.

Long time no see! Sorry I've been gone so long; been working on another project; namely @Paleopotato09 and I are co-running an adaptation of the Railway Series with a group of people; not to mention my own other hobbies such as my Warhammer 40k models and other odds and ends. Life goes that way, you know how it is. You go off to work on something else and suddenly it's been three months.

10 minutes ago, Sandhole said:

I always had a soft spot for the 'mini A4'. I thought they were a very pleasing loco.
Here's a question, you have your excellent Raven pacific, will a P2 2-8-2 ever grace the tracks of your line.

Thank you! When this one was offered to me by Gary, I jumped at it.
To answer your question... I honestly haven't a clue. A lot of the time my loco collection is either grown by impulse purchases or stuff from my wishlist. Still haven't been able to afford the Ruston I wanted to shunt the yards at Berkham Works though...

14 minutes ago, Sandhole said:

By the way, the 2-8-0 I was creating is still there.

Good to hear. I look forward to seeing it!

14 minutes ago, Sandhole said:

I went through some very serious mental, lockdown created stuff and my mojo went.
I'm back, now and the mojo is coming back.

Sorry to hear that. I think the lockdown and the absolute storm of crap that happened last year took a toll on everyone. Certainly did on me. I'm glad you're getting back on your feet though, Chris. Onwards and upwards, my friend.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, sem34090 said:

I am rather fond of the streamlined B17s - @483006Terry picked one up for a ridiculously low price at the Mid Suffolk last weekend.

Yeah, they are quite smart. Very local to me as well as they did the Norwich ECML run, so I felt it appropriate that the KLR could have preserved one.

• Like 1