Lanarkshire model do Westinghouse pumps, or you can phone Dave at SE Finecast and ask him for some. There are differing sizes. The one from the NU-cast Small Ben is the small type (and there is a mounting bracket for it too). I'm not sure what other he has in his range....

Andy G

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

S.E. Finecast IoW O2 would give you a larger pump and an air tank.

• Thanks 1

Very neat and compact, can I take it you’re left handed?

1 minute ago, Northroader said:

Very neat and compact, can I take it you’re left handed?

Right handed. The vice is just where it is so I don't crack my elbow on it every time I walk in the door.

• Friendly/supportive 2

12 hours ago, CinderMonkey said:

Would seem that America now has its own 'Wild Rover'. (I, of course, have no affiliation or interests within the magazine)

http://trn.trains.com/news/news-wire/2019/11/12-steamtown-names-baldwin-built-steam-locomotive-no-26-rover

Hmm. Is it named after the traditional folk song like mine? 

Christening the new Fumbling Bench in the same fashion as I did the old - with a coach repaint. 

DSC_0318.JPG.586c627fc724e59c7d2a630d6d0654c8.JPG

This little K's six wheel brake coach, which I bought off eBay and will paint up to go with the four wheelers, finally making a unified rake. 

• Like 9

Also decided to throw together a luggage van for the same rake out of some broken Ratio bits. 

_20191117_182120.JPG.9d14f8089ebe1840b58c3ea40d5d04a8.JPG

As you can also see in the photo, the first of the locos are out of storage, namely the familiar faces of Mastodon and Geoffrey Lake. 

Edited by RedGemAlchemist
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, BlueLightning said:

Looking good Red!!

Thanks Gary. So nice to finally crack back on with KLR stuff. :)

• Like 1

Restarting my unfinished projects on earnest now since I've got most of my stuff back. First off is finally finishing the Garratt. 

_20191120_165941.JPG.db206f24f435f62ad09d9bb7a606b67b.JPG

The tender is mostly done, made from bits of Triang B12 tender and some plasticard. 

Next up is the frame for the boiler and cab, which will hopefully be made from the base of this knackered Triang coach. 

_20191120_170003.JPG.4166d8b19f08732d485fd77737ecad26.JPG

• Like 4

11 months and multiple contributions by you guys later, Tortoise the Berkham Works Garratt is finally coming together. 

_20191121_100434.JPG.6e31de0651768ce561f28418024a42c2.JPG

The cab is that of the former No.12 combined with a spare Airfix Pug one I had knocking around, the tender is aforementioned, the front tank is plasticard with the fittings from the same butchered tender attached to it, boiler frame comes from a broken Airfix Small Prairie shell I had knocking around with some gubbins from a tanker kit attached to the underside to bulk it out a bit and some thin brass rods for strength. The tender also has a crate and a shovel on it courtesy of one of my Warhammer 40k kits. Still needs stuff like handrails, safety valves, a smokebox door and some other odds and ends. Corbs, you're the expert here. Looking any good? 

• Like 10

Love it Red!!

So great to see this project progressing again!

Gary

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, BlueLightning said:

Love it Red!!

So great to see this project progressing again!

Gary

Thanks Gary. It's about time to be fair, and now I have my new workbench, all my materials and my tools I actually can finish the project that's been taunting me since January. 

• Like 2

What a great project that Garrat is. Great stuff. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

What a great project that Garrat is. Great stuff. 

Thank you very much James. Still very much a work in progress (and I'm also not sure I have a smokebox door that'll fit).

Also I just saw that Nile liked my Garratt. My day is now complete. 

_20191121_173429.JPG.13b8fefa4306983b8bfc0f6c2f8d4634.JPG

Little update before I head off to see my nan. Filling is done, handrails and pipework added. 

_20191121_173450.JPG.141e94164aa88fb14333936e4620a790.JPG

Also a closeup of the back bits for approval. 

• Like 3

_20191122_111144.JPG.a53d031de62e90071b3ccbf29d75c230.JPG

The Garratt is now undercoated. Not sure what colour the works loco livery should be, as I want it to look noticeably different but still be recognisable as a KLR locomotive. Thoughts, anyone? 

Also this is my 2000th overall RMWeb post. Hmm. To celebrate then, let me reveal that Bulldog is now fully lined. It only took me what, nearly two years? 

_20191122_113422.JPG.2cc90cdcbf2e0036cdea859b84be0e0a.JPG

Edited by RedGemAlchemist
Bulldog update
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

FINALLY. 

_20191122_153346.JPG.46a6faaf1d4a9c665fb4e1f995cb9ea5.JPG

Tortoise is complete. I actually really like it in works grey so I'll leave it as such. 

Part of me is wondering though if I can think of a more appropriate name than Tortoise. One more in keeping with the rest of the KLR fleet. Hmm... 

• Like 5

Looking good with some paint on it. How about Elephant as a name?

Are those handrails copper, or tinned copper wire?