Bachmann 44-0038 Narrow Gauge Engine Shed

NHY 581

• RMweb Gold

I wonder if a nice type could do me a favour.

If anyone has one of these, could they measure both the maximum height and the width of the main door.

Many thanks.

Rob.

post-14122-0-57598000-1518380562.jpg

Edited by nhy581

will do  later  door  width  is   OK   for  single  track   and  Large  locos  eg  Bachmann  H0e  Bo Bo Diesel  and  the  other  2  ROCO locos  illustrated     Pantograph  down of  course!!!

post-10539-0-46900900-1518421843.jpg

post-10539-0-24724100-1518421868.jpg

post-10539-0-43132700-1518421884.jpg

Edited by Stevelewis

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Steve.

I am looking to use it for 00 gauge, specifically to house a Peckett.

I must say the bottom 080 looks fab.

Cheers,

Rob

Hi Rob

The  height  is  48mm  width  42mm approx.

I have  attchd  phot of  my only  available 00 loco  a  1980s  Dapol PUG  ( Hong Kong  made,  still runs ok when  I  apply a  9volt battery to  the  wheels)

It is  sitting  in  the  doorway  with  quite a lot  of  room to  spare  ( except it is not on  track!, but if  using  the  locoshed  you could  always  raise it  up a little to accommodate higher loco)

The  pug  is  approx. 43mmH x  36mmW

Steve

post-10539-0-69182800-1518440932.jpg

Edited by Stevelewis

I wonder if a nice type could do me a favour.

If anyone has one of these, could they measure both the maximum height and the width of the main door.

Many thanks.

Rob.

Please do put the doors on the right way round though, not as in the picture.  The diagonal brace should always go from the top outer corner back to the hinge post.  Just look at any real life engine shed.  It's just amazing how many people get this wrong

Please do put the doors on the right way round though, not as in the picture.  The diagonal brace should always go from the top outer corner back to the hinge post.  Just look at any real life engine shed.  It's just amazing how many people get this wrong

That's why  I left  the  doors  off in  the  pic  I sent  to  demonstrate  the   door aperture  size,  Personally   when  my shed  was in  use  I  found  it  more attractive  with  the  doors in  the position in  the  OP's photo.  after  all we  can   always  invoke  RULE 1....... we  are  not  all rivet  counters!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I now have one of these. Thanks Steve for taking the time and trouble to assist.

Not a narrow gauge application but I shall update with progress.

Here's a mock up.

Rob

post-14122-0-68479900-1519511340_thumb.jpg

• Like 5