Sierra Leone

009 micro modeller

Has anyone ever done a model of Sierra Leone Government Railways? It seems a good idea in 009 with a few kits available. Are there many photos/trackplans etc of the network? I have seen some very nice models of the stock but usually based on the vehicles that subsequently surfaced on UK preserved lines (and used as such on freelance models). It has some appeal to me as a possible future project - the ability to model it in 009 and not starting completely from scratch being an advantage.

• Like 1

Has anyone ever done a model of Sierra Leone Government Railways? It seems a good idea in 009 with a few kits available. Are there many photos/trackplans etc of the network? I have seen some very nice models of the stock but usually based on the vehicles that subsequently surfaced on UK preserved lines (and used as such on freelance models). It has some appeal to me as a possible future project - the ability to model it in 009 and not starting completely from scratch being an advantage.

Join us - lots of pics and a number of modellers in our number! We've 009, 5.5mm and 16mm scale folks in our number and drawings and photos galore. Also find the Middleton Press book "Sierra Leone Narrow Gauge" and my small booklet "Sierra Leone Railway Adventure". Lots of information amongst the Friends members and we go out there too from time to time, really great inspiration.

https://www.sierraleonerailwaymuseum.com/

• Like 2