D&S Models

Rumblestripe

Yet you can still obtain many of them directly from him.

I know doesn't make sense. But as he is not the easiest person to get hold of (ie Email or web site) then people will go potty for the kits on Ebay.

Marc

Adrian, has been suffering from Cancer for some time, I was told that it was terminal. I was also told that M&M models (No connection) were supplying some ABS products.   

As a side D&S will be at Telford.

Marc

Just reading through the August 2017 Gauge O Guild Gazette and yes, there's a trade item and an advert from M&M Models. They will also be at Guildex and will have on sale as they state  'a table of  ABS kits, this may be your last chance to purchase them!' - 7mm scale only presumably That sounds very much like no future production unless Adrian wishes to sell and someone takes on the massive ranges that he accumulated; although the Guild has debated the merits of ensuring continued production of certain products cast white metal is rather old hat these days.

If I could, I would 3D print all of our parts including wagon bodies rather than print the pattern and cast. Its down to cost. However, in the years we have been using 3D printing price has moved fro £1500 for a 2plk open the same wagon would be £20.

Marc

Either give Dan a call to check they're not all gone or  chance it with a cheque in the post.

Out in the Colonies chances of getting stuff is hopeless.

With no UK bank account, payment by cheque is realistically impossible .

PayPal acceptance by vendors helps tremendously.

• RMweb Gold

Out in the Colonies chances of getting stuff is hopeless.

With no UK bank account, payment by cheque is realistically impossible .

PayPal acceptance by vendors helps tremendously.

That is undoubtably true, in the case of some of the order I have with Dan, some are destined for overseas for that very reason. I live just 10 miles from him and will pick them up when they're ready.

Do you not have friends/family in the UK?

I think that the cast w/m kits are mainly no longer available although some items were also absorbed by other manufacturers, e.g. London Road Models took over the LNWR 10T Brake Van, 6 wheel 26' Milk Van and 6 wheel 26' Luggage van.

Despite this, original D&S kits - despite being listed on the LRM site as former D&S kits (and in the case of the 10T BV, updated with new etched running gear) - invariably usually fetch more when sold on internet auction sites than a new LRM kit costs. Whether this is down to stupidity or ignorance is the question, or do people really collect and resell "old" kits?

That is undoubtably true, in the case of some of the order I have with Dan, some are destined for overseas for that very reason. I live just 10 miles from him and will pick them up when they're ready.

Do you not have friends/family in the UK?

I have family and friends but not sure they are up to sorting out and organising a cheque payment and order.

It's hard enough to get them to mail stuff onto me.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite by chance I have recently decided to dispose of a goodly number of 4mm/1ft scale white metal and etched brass kits by the likes of ABS, David Geen, 51L Models and D&S Models which I will, now, never get around to building. Included amongst them is a GWR Loriot L. I wondered what to ask for it and now I know! Seriously, I will not be doing that. If there is anything members are looking for from the abovementioned ranges please pm me and I will see if I can help them out.They will not be at silly prices!

• 2 months later...

I was just wondering if anyone has had any contact with Dan recently? I sent an order and cheque about a month ago for a couple of six wheeled vans, but haven't heard anything back. I've checked the bank and the cheque hasn't been paid in, so I'm not even sure if it's arrived.

Hopefully it has got there safely and all is well!

I'm not in a rush, just curious and hopeful that everything is as it should be!

Cheers

J

I've had two deliveries off Dan this year, one being in the last few weeks. I have another order in with him that is due in the next few weeks, Dan will not cash cheques until he has all the order ready to despatch and if it is for multiple items with etches arriving at different times, the shipment won't leave until the kits are all ready.

Rest assured that Dan will get your order out to you as soon as complete

SteveT

• RMweb Gold

I called in and picked some kits up about 3 weeks ago, he's fine and as posted above he won't cash a cheque until the order is despatched. I had 6 various kits on order from his recent list and there was a wait on some etches. 

While I was there I ordered some off of the next batch and my name was added to an already extensive list so if there is a wait, it will be for etches or castings.