D&S Models

Rumblestripe

This gets to be like Trumps 'Fake News'

Nothing was withdrawn and it's still there, it was a comment made in haste by a co-owner, and after a period of reflection was swiftly put to bed.

Well I missed that news as the thread was deleted

I would be interested in some D&S LNWR wagon kits but these moved to ABS and are unlikely to see the light of day again; unless anyone knows otherwise?

• RMweb Gold

Very true - but the next time that it happens (and it inevitably will, given the nature of social media and the odd keyboard warrior) then the supplier concerned, whoever they are, might well not change their mind.

That may well be true but it would be the owners loss as well.

• RMweb Premium

That may well be true but it would be the owners loss as well.

Not really their loss but ours.

Samantha can always get another job but I can't do the artwork and get those kits I 'need' etched and parts cast.

This gets to be like Trumps 'Fake News'

Nothing was withdrawn and it's still there, it was a comment made in haste by a co-owner, and after a period of reflection was swiftly put to bed.

MJT had a selection of Falcon Brass kits available at the Stevenage Show

• RMweb Gold

MJT had a selection of Falcon Brass kits available at the Stevenage Show

Dart castings (the current owners of the MJT range) and Falcon are linked at arms length, something like an employee of Dart's wife owns Falcon, hence the similarity between websites and Dart selling some Falcon products at shows.

Aaaaaah ok, as you posted 'MJT' which is just a range rather than a trader, I wasn't sure hence my explanation.

I gathered. I tend to use MJT synonymously with all Dart products because I started to use them in the late 70s and the brand is the most familiar. It’s also less of a mouthful!

• 2 weeks later...

Blacksmiths under Coopercraft...oh poop!

I've just noticed that Coopercraft are at Scale 4 North. How on earth can such an organisation as the Scale four Society allow their name to be tainted by this person attending their show?

I've just noticed that Coopercraft are at Scale 4 North. How on earth can such an organisation as the Scale four Society allow their name to be tainted by this person attending their show?

I suppose we might find out if they actually turn up...

• RMweb Gold

A few D&S kits currently on eBay, have prices calmed down now, they seem very sensible at mid £20s each

How about this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D-S-Models-DS266-GNR-LNER-4MM-00Scale-Etched-Brass-White-Metal-Kit/292437038350?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I picked one up off the current list from Dan for £31.50 a week ago.

• RMweb Gold

I've got that one in my watch list - not bidding as not my region, just out of interest really. My guess will be £62.

edit: £43. Jinxed it lol

Edited by Bucoops

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

On the assumption that the timescale was approximate for the next list I'm not too concerned I've not had one - but when someone gets one can they let us know on here? Being new on the mailing list makes me nervous lol