H0/00 scale ICE train with DCC?

Trip

I've just taken my train-obsessed 5-year-old to miniatur wunderland in hamburg. On the way back we stopped off at Hamburg station so he could get up close and personal with some ICE trains as they moved through.

Back at home and on my layout, which is almost but not quite as impressive as miniatur wunderland,  I assumed it would be easy to  buy a model ICE 3, but it seems I was wrong. Anyone got any suggestions?

I got one from Trainworld in NewYork and they seem to still be available here

for about US$180.00, postage from the US can sometimes be quite high.

if I remember correctly it cost at least US$40.00

If I have got my conversion correct then US$180.00=£130.00

​& 230.00Euro(from the Piko site in the previous post) =£203.00

​John

​edit just realised you asked for DCC, the one from Trainworld is DC, a decoder is fairly easy to fit

​If I am reading the one in the Piko link then it is 3 rail  & may not be sound fitted

type of current: AC, decoder-equipped for normal and DCC operation

Type ICE3 into PIKO's search box & it should bring up 3 sets & extra coaches

​The DC set is Euro159.99 or £141.00 

​The first price comparison, comparing a "DC set" with the "AC, decoder-equipped for normal and DCC operation" train pack was not comparing 2 identical sets

Edited by John ks

​If I am reading the one in the Piko link then it is 3 rail  & may not be sound fitted

type of current: AC, decoder-equipped for normal and DCC operation

This is excellent advice John and I wish I'd seen it before I ordered it. It arrived this morning an apparently doesn't work unless you have Marklin AC track (whatever that is). It claims to have an NRMA compliant decoder in it but that doesn't actually seem to be the case.

Back to the drawing board.

Incidentally I don't want DCC sound. Just DCC capability.

Trip,  marklin AC track, is not a problem. Its normal 2 rail track, with studding laid  down the middle, for a  train pick up. which makes it in effect, 3 rail. Similar system to Hornby Dublo.  You can buy the studding, or, like me, you can simply lay a third rail down the middle, using old flexi track. Hence you could rig up an oblong of track for your lad.. john

Guest teacupteacup

Thanks. That link says it's got a NEM 652 digital interface which is an 8-pin DCC socket. If that's true, it's exactly what I'm after. I think I'll wait for confirmation on that before buy it though.

The PIKO Hobby loco's/units are fitted with 8-pin DCC sockets, if you download the pdf file on the webpage it shows an exploded diagram of the wiring