Warley National Model Railway Exhibition 2018 - 24th and 25th November

Liam

• RMweb Premium

Well fortunately (for the expenditure monitoring at least) she’s not my SWMBO yet lol :) plus the dinner is hardly likely to be cheap either :D

It's a data gathering exercise, for future reference. Beware, and keep your guard up.

p.s. Make expensive purchases when she's off to the loo. They always take ages.....

• RMweb Premium

Just incase no one knows...

Somethings to look forward to at Warley:-

- Heljan as per a post on facebook they'll have something announced/surprise at Warley.

- Accurascale has something to announce

- There'll be something interesting on the T-Gauge.com stand (if it makes it in time)

- Rapido apparently have something

- KMRC are also getting something.

- Hatton's have already announced theirs

- Rails of Sheffield have already announced theirs as well.

Revolution is another.

- There'll be something interesting on the T-Gauge.com stand (if it makes it in time)

That something interesting has already been announced. A prototype model with working valve gear built as a test for a model of well known green A3.

Clive Mortimore is convening an RMweb meet-up on Saturday [2 pm] and Sunday [1.30 pm] by Stand E1, Friday Bridge.  He has started a separate thread but I'm not clever enough to link it to this one.  I'll be there on Sunday.

Chris

• RMweb Gold

Clive Mortimore is convening an RMweb meet-up on Saturday [2 pm] and Sunday [1.30 pm] by Stand E1, Friday Bridge.  He has started a separate thread but I'm not clever enough to link it to this one.  I'll be there on Sunday.

Chris

Link here.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/139638-warley-2018-rmwebbbers-meet-up/

I’ll show up, Saturday, might make Sunday too.

I'm doing another resin demo at the NEC this coming weekend so please come along and have a look.

On a more serious note one or two people who have mentioned a desire for resin bits to collect from me at the show have failed to respond to recent e-mails, so in the hope that they may be looking at this will they please note that under the show rules for demonstrators I CANNOT TAKE PAYMENT AT THE SHOW, SO ANYBODY WANTING TO COLLECT PARTS MUST MAKE ARRANGEMENTS WITH ME REGARDING ANY NECESARY PAYMENT TODAY OR TOMORROW.
It is also now too late to request any further parts for collection at the show.

• Like 1

The Scalefour Society Stand will be at the 2018 Warley Show this coming weekend.

You will find us on Stand D62 and the two P4 layouts Lower Exbury (D60) and Sidmouth (D61) will be close by.

This year the Society Stand will be manned by Paul Willis; Mike Ainsworth; Memnbership Secretary, Steve Carter and me and we hope to see many of you there, do please stop by and say hello.

All the Best
Danny

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I MAY be helping to operate Borth, Aberdovey & Ynyslas Railway on Sunday, which is owned and built by friends of mine.

Slightly concerned by the lure of OO "bargains" in the vicinity, having already overspent in a certain "Sale of the Century" and awaiting a call from Derails Dan wanting payment for other stuff, so may decline my invitation to avoid awkward questions from home authorities.....

• RMweb Premium

and from the Warley Facebook page...

Give it the sack

New visitor feature this year is a shop & drop facility in the centre of the hall. Save yourself carrying your goodies or even that bane of other visitors - THE RUCKSACK!! - around all day and take advantage of the "Shop & Drop" facility

46749882_2399172670096937_21544695798106.

• Like 6

Well, if RMweb is a secret society, I've yet to learn the "handshake". Saying that, I've only been here for 9 years - so I've yet to be inducted to the higher levels of the craft.

Huw.

"By the mystic regulation of our dark association ere you open conversation with another kindred soul you must eat a sausage roll"

W.S.Gilbert, "The Grand Duke"

Les

• Like 2

I know of a couple of announcements from model producers, the Accurascale new loco, KR models and the GT3 (but we already know its going to be the GT3) and Heljan will have their 2019 range catalogue. Anyone know of other announcements coming out?

We're very excited to have secured a lastminute.com slot at Warley. Thanks to those involved!

You all come very highly recommended by our friends at the Deltic Preservation Society, and we can't wait! Some of you here already know us, but I hope to meet a lot more of you in person.

Do come and find us, and see what we have to offer. There is a slim chance we may have an important, and 'exclusive' announcement to make... but everything is a bit fluid at the moment.

Cheers!

Martin.

Class 37 Locomotive Group Chairman.

www.c37lg.co.uk

attachicon.gifD6703_Warley.jpg

Just a further update for you all to let you know where we will be this coming weekend:

post-33105-0-60162000-1542840121_thumb.png

As Martin said previously, do come and say hello as it would be great to see you all!

Kind regards

James

C37LG

www.c37lg.co.uk

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

In response to the above - this has probably been covered dozens of times on here already, but where is the layout used for filming the Thomas episodes located, and what scale/gauge is it?

Gauge 1 nominally and it was a series of sets rather than a layout, discussed on this thread :)

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/138701-the-original-thomas-the-tank-engine-friends/?fromsearch=1

• RMweb Premium

Floor markings checked.

Tables and chairs just about done

Locomotives and bus in place...

Today is already unfolding as I write this.

Another early start and it's table checking/ clothing time!

Looking good so far

Baz

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

and from the Warley Facebook page...

Give it the sack

New visitor feature this year is a shop & drop facility in the centre of the hall. Save yourself carrying your goodies or even that bane of other visitors - THE RUCKSACK!! - around all day and take advantage of the "Shop & Drop" facility

46749882_2399172670096937_21544695798106.

Nice idea! Are there communal showers too?

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Hawes Junction, Warley club's new N gauge layout is just about ready for its first show.

attachicon.gifIMG_20181120_184958.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20181120_192004.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20181120_185016.jpg

Like the stockade to keep the local breezes - The Helm wasnt it? - at bay.

To be totally prototypical do you have a wind generator installed?

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Like the stockade to keep the local breezes - The Helm wasnt it? - at bay.

To be totally prototypical do you have a wind generator installed?

Phil

Or a Hornby 0-4-0 motor to spin the turntable at high speed. Edited by adb968008