Warley National Model Railway Exhibition 2018 - 24th and 25th November

Liam

with the greatest of respect to you all on here, I shall have a female companion to keep entertained (and buy dinner for afterwards, even though she was the one asking to come to the show) so I shall opt out of any Rmweb meet up :)

I'm looking forward to the Heljan announcements in particular, want to see if 009 is getting any more traction, so to speak.

She's there to monitor expenditure! Its a trap, ABORT, ABORT! :P

At least that's what my SWMBO does!

She's there to monitor expenditure! Its a trap, ABORT, ABORT! :P

At least that's what my SWMBO does!

Well fortunately (for the expenditure monitoring at least) she’s not my SWMBO yet lol :) plus the dinner is hardly likely to be cheap either :D

• RMweb Premium

Just incase no one knows...

Somethings to look forward to at Warley:-

- Heljan as per a post on facebook they'll have something announced/surprise at Warley.

- Accurascale has something to announce

- There'll be something interesting on the T-Gauge.com stand (if it makes it in time)

- Rapido apparently have something

- KMRC are also getting something.

- Hatton's have already announced theirs

- Rails of Sheffield have already announced theirs as well.

Subscribers to the BRM Express Newsletter were advised a few days ago of another OO loco announcement from a new manufacturer - I won't give the game away but I'm surprised that it doesn't seem to have been mentioned anywhere yet. Their website only has a single page with a photo of the loco - no other details given.

Subscribers to the BRM Express Newsletter were advised a few days ago of another OO loco announcement from a new manufacturer - I won't give the game away but I'm surprised that it doesn't seem to have been mentioned anywhere yet. Their website only has a single page with a photo of the loco - no other details given.

Link to the website please? I'm probably being an idiot here, but I cant find the blooming thing

• RMweb Premium

Link to the website please?

No.

It was listed as a Warley announcement but may have been sent out too soon. I will leave it until Saturday unless Andy or Phil want to add anything from BRM.

I have recently caused upset in another topic and was over ruled and so don't want to antagonise another trader who might be a potential advertiser.

Subscribers to the BRM Express Newsletter were advised a few days ago of another OO loco announcement from a new manufacturer - I won't give the game away but I'm surprised that it doesn't seem to have been mentioned anywhere yet. Their website only has a single page with a photo of the loco - no other details given.

Well you spilt half to beans....

I couldn't help noticing that a certain rival 'national' event at Peterborough is being pushed very hard this year through email and social media. Is there a story behind this?

Good luck to both but the Peterborough timing isn't great as all of my spare cash will be spent at Warley, two weeks before!  It always seems odd to me that major events seem to cluster at particular times of the year, while the summer and early autumn is usually very quiet.

Edited by fezza

• RMweb Premium

Correct but no mention of crowdfunding in their press release on the BRM newsletter.

I suggest that those who were pushing me to reveal the details should subscribe to the BRM newsletter then they won't feel left out . . . . .

Correct but no mention of crowdfunding in their press release on the BRM newsletter.

I suggest that those who were pushing me to reveal the details should subscribe to the BRM newsletter then they won't feel left out . . . . .

I wasn't 'pushing' at all. You made a point about something, i tried to find out about it independently and couldn't and asked for some clarification as to where the story was located

Edited by Edge

The timing of exhibitions is to some degree dictated by the venue. The Warley show when it was at the Harry Mitchell Centre was always the first full weekend in October. This was a good time as it was just at the start of what I see as the modelling season - when it starts to go cold and dark so playing outside is not so much fun. The move to the NEC caused a change and since then subsequent changes have occurred due to whatever else might be happening at the NEC. As you would expect, something like a whole  week long booking for four halls will always get priority over a weekend booking for one hall. The current timing of the Warley show is good for me as it gives me plenty to keep me busy as the nights get darker and it brings us close to Christmas without thinking about it.

I think there are more summer events now than ever before, possibly due to the risks of bad weather in the winter.

• RMweb Gold

The timing of exhibitions is to some degree dictated by the venue. .

Which also includes availability of smaller venues, such as schools and village halls, around their other standing, weekly, bookings etc. 

• RMweb Gold

The Elizabethan Railway Society will be taking our Sutton-in Ashfield Town layout which is a model of what would have been the nearest station to our club rooms had it not closed in1956. You will find us on stand E18A, as far back in the hall as you can go. 

post-22878-0-15330300-1542730838_thumb.jpg

Trains running are in BR period and are as far as possible based on photos that we have.

As suggested by ChrisF I will wear a RMWeb badge.

Brian

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Is it the crowdfunded GT3 that people are referring to? If so the expression of interest is open and in my opinion it is therefore reasonable to talk about it. https://krmodels.co.uk/gt3-gas-turbine

Oh wow, my dad was responsible for procuring, then authorising of the scrapping of GT3 at TW Wards in Salford. As a kid I always asked why he never saved it, he gave me various stories of other locos he worked around trying to save but always said GT3 was a wreck, he did say however before he authorised the scrappers to start, he sent out a message to Buckley Wells and Salford Railway Enthusiasts to have an “unscheduled” open day at the yard one Saturday so everyone could see it, and later gave away the EE and Builders plates that were both still attached when it arrived.

He also noted, it was the only locomotive he knew that was fitted with a carpet and curtains in the cab.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

I can recommend Marco's at the airport Holiday Inn, my tables booked for Saturday night

https://www.mpwrestaurants.co.uk/our-brands/new-york-italian/birmingham-airport/ 

Highly recommend here too, I will be staying Friday - Sunday, the breakfast is ok too, but be early for the Hotel shuttle bus in the am, it can be quite full.

H Guys

Just tried to book a ticket through the ticket factory but it says they aren't available. The note on the website says till 5pm on Thursday. Looks like a trip to Ian Allen on friday to get one if it doesn't work.

Paul