Warley National Model Railway Exhibition 2018 - 24th and 25th November

Liam

• RMweb Gold

As it is Birmingham corporation this is a buz not a bus. It's good to see a replacement bus service at a model railway exhibition.

attachicon.gifIMG_20181123_084603.jpg

[accent=“Brummie”]

I donno much abewt buzzes, but tha one hasnt got an ingine at the frunt ya now.

[/Accent]]

Unlike the Rapido model... does that mean a Secrets Escaped ?

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

if anyone wants to say hello, i was wondering how anyone might recognise me...

So heres my rucsac..post-20773-0-66683600-1542977931_thumb.jpeg

Bought in 1997 from Famous Army Stores on Salford precinct as a hard up student.

I obviously dont use this very often, inside the side pocket i found receipts from 29th July 1999, for a train between Davis and Emeryville in California, A ticket for a Kulashaker concert at the Fillmore on July 23rd 1999 and $18 for an international fax sent from a stationers in San Francisco on July 30th... oh the days before widespread use of email and mobile devices.post-20773-0-24243700-1542978160_thumb.jpeg

Finally my Ticket, Warley Map, and the most important thing, a 9v battery to test thy purchases.post-20773-0-79342700-1542978225_thumb.jpeg

If you spot a fat bloke with a rucsac say hello, i’ll be queuing at the entrance early doors !

One request to the organizers, can you tell the security collecting tickets, to look out for weekend ticket holders, last year they took the ticket off me and ripped it in half on the saturday, i then had to Explain and get resolved that it was a two day ticket, not one day.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

if anyone wants to say hello, i was wondering how anyone might recognise me...

I obviously dont use this very often, inside the side pocket i found receipts from 29th July 1999, for a train between Davis and Emeryville in California, A tocket for a Kulashaker concert at the Fillmore on July 23rd 1999 

If you spot a fat bloke with a rucsac say hello.

I'll say Tattva, Acintya Bheda Bheda Tattva   :sungum: 

• RMweb Premium

One request to the organizers, can you tell the security collecting tickets, to look out for weekend ticket holders, last year they took the ticket off me and ripped it in half on the saturday, i then had to Explain and get resolved that it was a two day ticket, not one day.

The one I buy is a different colour (this year bright orange) so not easy to mistake it.

Keith

If you see a fat bloke without a rucksack and accompanied by a Hungarian sushi waitress, say hello, that will be me :)

(The scary part is that I’m not joking :) )

Any pictures of Hungarian sushi waitress ? Would narrow it down a bit

• RMweb Premium

Sadly my church run their Christmas Fair on the Saturday of Warley and I am Father Christmas before dashing down to Alton to take up Mid Hants Railway Guard duties on the Real Ale Train. Hope you all have a great time, at least I save some cash by not being tempted by some of the show bargains!

• RMweb Gold

All set up and ready for tomorrow :)

508601793_ImagefromiOS(9).thumb.jpg.8d52

Nice stand lads! Will be over at some stage to say hello again....SWMBOs famous millionaires shortbread may be available depending on what the special announcement is!!!! 

Phil

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi

Nearly all traders take cards

There are cash machines available on the NEC site, you will just need a pass as you leave hall 5 for retry

Have a great day

Eltel

• RMweb Gold

The vast majority of the Traders do accept card payments, as to your other question; what not to miss, it depends on your interest. Although it`s a bit late in the day, but printing off a copy of the floor plan from the Warley Home web page does give you an insight where the various Layouts and Trade stands are situated and you can plan a rough route around the venue.

Enjoy the show.

Well we are all set for tomorrow

Early (well too early for a Saturday) kick off to pick up the crew and looking forward to meeting the masses.

If you are near D39 stop off and say hello.

I'll be near the SM42s most of the time, look there's a green one, over there, on the left of this post

Have a good one everybody

Andy

• RMweb Gold

All set up and ready for tomorrow :)

508601793_ImagefromiOS(9).thumb.jpg.8d52

lovely stand I am sure you will have plenty of A class fun !  Keen show prices on wagons sure to go down well.  Tara mine waggons look good. As  a tease it was good to see the empty display case below the LED screen. Really looking forward to whatever it is - I guess UK prototype but a C or a 80 class would look good - certainly the 80 would fit the stand cases !! - just saying well future proofed... Have a good show.       

• Like 1