Warley National Model Railway Exhibition 2018 - 24th and 25th November

Liam

Looking forward to this as usual, (not looking forward to the sore feet though)  but I suspect will not see half of the show so will be relying on some post show photos being posted to see what I missed. 

If anyone is near stand D39, stop off to say hello. I'll be the one trying to get people to talk to me (I don't bite, honest!)  if I'm not playing trains or whizzing round the show. 

Have fun 

Andy

• RMweb Gold

At show all weekend on the Society stand (B34), Will anyone, trader or demonstrator, by either taking items in for repair/post back or be able to do a fix over the show period if we order and bring the correct replacement part? 

My need - the small drive gear replacing on a Hornby Scotsman tender ringfield drive. See  thread - Posts #6 to end. I know what needs fixing, happy to pay for a fix, just no confidence to do it myself! 

Two weeks to go and I'm bricking it to coin a phrase. Still not finished

Marc

You and us, both!!

Think ive been non-stop finishing stock for Love Lane for around 3 weeks, and the next two will be pretty busy too... I'm sure it'll be worth it at 9.30 on the Saturday morning..

JB.

Just trying to install dinghams on all stock. Realised that the split pins are 10mm to long and the magnets aren't good enough to operate them. To add to that opened one of the loco's boxes only to find the buffer beam had dropped off. Where is L/Cpl Jones when you need him? Don't Panic

Marc 

• RMweb Premium

Will anyone, trader or demonstrator, by either taking items in for repair/post back or be able to do a fix over the show period if we order and bring the correct replacement part? 

My need - the small drive gear replacing on a Hornby Scotsman tender ringfield drive. See  thread - Posts #6 to end. I know what needs fixing, happy to pay for a fix, just no confidence to do it myself! 

Ian Mellors (Redgate) is listed as the demonstrator for Loco Servicing. (Tony Wright is listed as 'whitemetal kit building')

The full team led by Barry O is listed here

https://www.thewarleyshow.co.uk/demonstrators.html

• RMweb Gold

At show all weekend on the Society stand (B34), Will anyone, trader or demonstrator, by either taking items in for repair/post back or be able to do a fix over the show period if we order and bring the correct replacement part? 

Bring it along to stand A61, pm me a Pic of what needs doing before. I should have spares if its a 3 pole motor

• Like 3

Any word on what or if a full size loco will be at the show?

(or have I missed that somewhere?)

Two locos I believe are coming from the Romney Hythe and Dymchurch Railway, another is a War Office Hunslet, not sure about anything else.

• RMweb Premium

I'm sure I read somewhere that a Class 37 is turning up too..

JB.

Not a full sized one. Last time one of those was on show it arrived with full fuel tanks....and left a very wet calling card on the floor.

Baz

Due to family health issues we have had to pull Lowick out of of this years show. Isn't a big disappointment as we have been working at getting to the NEC for the last 18 months. Apologies for anyone who was looking forward to seeing the layout.

Marc

So my father and I are coming to the Warley show this year, it's our first Warley (and our first real model railway exhibition for that matter). We've already got our tickets and parking (we ordered two magazines as well but I presume they come later/on the day), I was just wondering if anyone had any advice for us seeing as it's our first show, to make sure we get the most from the day? We're coming on the Saturday.