Warley National Model Railway Exhibition 2018 - 24th and 25th November

Liam

Hampton-in-Arden is such a nice place too :)

So much so that they keep the riff-raff out by only having selected trains stop there.

Not all local trains stop at all the shacks! But there is a pretty reliable clockface timetable with trains every 15 minutes, but then nothing for 45...

And the free station carparks fill up even at weekends, so there's no guarantee you'll be able to get a space.

• RMweb Gold

So much so that they keep the riff-raff out by only having selected trains stop there.

Not all local trains stop at all the shacks! But there is a pretty reliable clockface timetable with trains every 15 minutes, but then nothing for 45...

And the free station carparks fill up even at weekends, so there's no guarantee you'll be able to get a space.

Very nice pub there too when we visited a few years ago apres show after deciding Brum Xmas market is way to busy for us.

This year we wil be in Tamworth Friday evening and Sutton Coldfield, all by bus from outside the hotel the organisers have booked us in.

• RMweb Gold

I use the NEC station car park. Easy to walk over the bridge to fill the boot with loot.....if there is anything worth a punt that is.Easy access via Coleshill south off the M42 which avoids the bottleneck of that ghastly NEC junction

Going to try Sunday this year to see if iit actually is less crowded.....ok if only others are not of similar mind I suppose.

To beat the traffic and congested train option......anyone up for chartering a helicopter from Halfpenny Green to BHX....?  :jester:

Seriously I am looking forward to a Saturday visit to Warley Show, been going since I was about 8 (50 years ago) when it was held in the Harry Mitchell Halls. still holds it's 'magic' so have a great weekend to all, especially give thanks to the exhibitors and the staff of the trade stands it's one heck of a commitment.....

Regards always

Bob

Edited by BobM

And I wonder what the most bizarre statement/request/rant will be I'll have heard by then.

Probably someone asking..... "where are the motorbikes"...?

Bob

Edited by BobM

• RMweb Gold

In 2016, i made an attack and diversion plan for Warley...

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/107810-warley-nec-exhibition-november-26th-and-27th-2016/page-9&do=findComment&comment=2511540

In 2017 i made a game plan for Warley...

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/118587-warley-national-model-railway-exhibition-25th26th-november-2017/page-8&do=findComment&comment=2922562

So in 2018, i’m going underground...

Starting on the Met, from the show doors, to the Bachmann stand, i’m ready for the 500m sprint..., the met being the only long fast tube line...

Then its to the district line, to skim round the manufacturers, before taking the piccadilly to see the major dealers. Following this it’ll be the jubilee to the catering, before heading along the central line. Towards the end of the day i’ll do a circle of the hall, and finally the Northern as its the late night tube, including the Kennington loop. I’ll save the Hammersmith and city for sunday.

post-20773-0-38909500-1542465222_thumb.jpeg

Travelling up friday by class 68 on the 1715 to Moor street and a 350 to intl, saturday is shopping day, sunday I plan to do layouts, sunday night by Virgin trains back to London, £48 return all in (me plus daughter whos joining the party on sunday, wife will already be in Solihull on friday and plans saturday in the swimming pool with my little one whilst i spend my hard earned)... so work with me here...on sunday, every trader must remove their price tags so the misses doesnt see how much it all costs... ;-)

Finally, whats that in the bottom right corner..., the Holy Grail..its a golden mogul of course.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

What worries me is he appears to have wrapped the GW loco in Ferrero Roche wrappers, is he practising for a visit to Swindon? That’s a lot of parties with the ambassador

;)

Edited by PaulRhB

In 2016, i made an attack and diversion plan for Warley...http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/107810-warley-nec-exhibition-november-26th-and-27th-2016/page-9&do=findComment&comment=2511540

In 2017 i made a game plan for Warley...http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/118587-warley-national-model-railway-exhibition-25th26th-november-2017/page-8&do=findComment&comment=2922562

Starting on the Met, from the show doors, to the Bachmann stand, i’m ready for the 500m sprint..., the met being the only long fast tube line...

Then its to the district line, to skim round the manufacturers, before taking the piccadilly to see the major dealers. Following this it’ll be the jubilee to the catering, before heading along the central line. Towards the end of the day i’ll do a circle of the hall, and finally the Northern as its the late night tube, including the Kennington loop. I’ll save the Hammersmith and city for sunday.

attachicon.gif74000460-F4B1-4CB7-9C94-1F5FB0995CD9.jpeg

Travelling up friday by class 68 on the 1715 to Moor street and a 350 to intl, saturday is shopping day, sunday I plan to do layouts, sunday night by Virgin trains back to London, £48 return all in (me plus daughter whos joining the party on sunday, wife will already be in Solihull on friday and plans saturday in the swimming pool with my little one whilst i spend my hard earned)... so work with me here...on sunday, every trader must remove their price tags so the misses doesnt see how much it all costs... ;-)

Finally, whats that in the bottom right corner..., the Holy Grail..its a golden mogul of course.

Does that mean that Love Lane is essentially Heathrow Terminal 1/2/3?

JB.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/107810-warley-nec-exhibition-november-26th-and-27th-2016/page-9&do=findComment&comment=2511540

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/118587-warley-national-model-railway-exhibition-25th26th-november-2017/page-8&do=findComment&comment=2922562

That puts us on the Circle Line.  Don't forget to alight at C31 and say hello...…

post-13358-0-86280300-1542580778_thumb.jpg

Les

Edited by Les1952
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

And we are a stop on the Bakerloo - B34.

• Like 1