Tender Cab for Bachmann 4F

I'd like to make one for 44305, but have only got the usual front 3/4 shots to go on. Do any drawings exist, or failing that good clear photos of the tender cab itself?

I found these.  They are not mine and unfortunately I didn't make a note of who took them.  All credit to the photographer.

Peterfgf

post-3553-0-41743300-1518941113.jpg

post-3553-0-93058500-1518941138.jpg

• Like 2

This is from the John Turner collection, at Skipton with a small tender and one I'm tempted to do myself as Bachmann have done this version with the RH hand reverser. The tender cab looks do-able as scratch build even without dimensions, hope it's useful. Flickr very slow uploading at the moment so no link but it's from the Vintage album and thanks to John Turner for so many great pictures.

post-13564-0-25652700-1518951197_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It's clear when I study the 4F at Skipton photo that there are differences from the 3F tender as done by Bachmann, as you note Phil there is no vertical beading strip a midships but one just above the leading axlebox instead. Thats the obvious difference, probably others too. Wonder which book David Franks eludes to, I know of the Wild Swan locomotive series but are there others?

I'd like to make one for 44305, but have only got the usual front 3/4 shots to go on. Do any drawings exist, or failing that good clear photos of the tender cab itself?

One further thought: Wild Swan produced a monograph on the 4Fs "LMS Loco Profiles No.10 Standard Class 4 Goods 0-6-0s".  These are usually very thorough and may well have the drawing you want - but I don't know for sure as I don't have that particular volume.

Peterfgf

One further thought: Wild Swan produced a monograph on the 4Fs "LMS Loco Profiles No.10 Standard Class 4 Goods 0-6-0s".  These are usually very thorough and may well have the drawing you want - but I don't know for sure as I don't have that particular volume.

Peterfgf

Cannot find any drawings of the tender cab in the 4F profile.

Perseverance used to do an etched tender cab. I have one.

Gordon A

It's clear when I study the 4F at Skipton photo that there are differences from the 3F tender as done by Bachmann, as you note Phil there is no vertical beading strip a midships but one just above the leading axlebox instead. Thats the obvious difference, probably others too. Wonder which book David Franks eludes to, I know of the Wild Swan locomotive series but are there others?

Indeed, Bachmann do the 3250 gallon Deeley tender, but I have yet to see one of those with a tender cab.  The larger Deeley tender (3500 gallon IIRC) was available as a kit from Alan Gibson (& I think Colin still has some in stock). I don't think the tender kit came with the cab option though.

I presume the kits available are aimed at the Fowler tender variants, but could no doubt be made to fit either.

• RMweb Premium

I recently saw at a show a white metal accessory kit of a snow plough, tender cover and tender cab for a 4F but I can’t remember any names

Is this it?

http://www.genesiskits.co.uk/shop/snow-ploughs/sp2-snowplough-and-tender-cover-for-fowler-4f/

Edited by polybear

I think it is. I can't offer a view of the accuracy, or whether it will fit the Bachmann 4F but the castings seemed to be of good quality.

A rather limited endorsement but there you are.

I had a momentary interest because a Buxton 4F fitted with a tender cab and the tender cover was a regular visitor to Manchester in the 60s.