TMC Announcement at Glasgow - a chance to win a 9F!

tmc

post-12002-0-95626500-1519029568_thumb.jpg

Come and visit stand A21 at the Glasgow exhibition for information on our best kept secret. We’re announcing a model with brand new tooling at the show in multiple liveries. If you can't make it to the exhibition then keep an eye out on our website and newsletter for the big announcement on Friday. 

We've had some good guesses so far:

• A BR Standard Class 3MT 2-6-0
  • 'Something Industrial'
  • A GWR Manor

Does anyone have any other guesses?

The First person as of the 19th February at 09.45am to guess correctly will win a TMC Limited Edition 9F 92000. Only one guess per person, if you guess twice, only your first guess will be counted. No guesses after midnight on the 22nd February, the winner will be drawn on Friday 23rd February.

Edited by Andy Y
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

If it is a locomotive, then I'd guess, given you are in the North Yorkshire Moors adjacent to the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, an NER/LNER G5 0-4-4T, probably with Bachmann given your past association with them. But it could also be a J21 with Hornby, who could fettle their J15 underpinnings to create a J21.

But your (TMC's) 'heritage' is in wagons, as in your forthcoming plate wagon, and I'd have thought a new wagon is more likely. In which case it might be the NER 20 ton wooden coal hopper wagon (as Slaters used to do).

Any of these would be terrific! Hope you have a great time in Glasgow this weekend - hope to see you there!

John Storey

• RMweb Premium

Oh bother! - I've reread your post, and see only one guess is allowed (which is very sensible). So my first guess is the NER 20 ton wooden coal hopper wagon.

John Storey

Edited by it's-er

Raven A2 simples !!  More likely a J21/25/27 !!

Look at current Loco chassis , the cheapest way to make one any Loco with a matching wheelbase. J15, Dean goods perhaps viable options? Sorry thats 4 !!

Edited by micklner

• RMweb Premium

Annoying music? What annoying music?  At the very least I have now seen where the Holiday Accommodation is and I was seriously thinking of renting one of those units this year. My problem would be how to resist all the 'goodies' just across the yard.

Nice vid thanks BRM.

Oh yes, my guess is that the 'secret' is a 4mm model railway item of rolling stock.

Thank you.

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 3

TMC is on a (old) farm, farms needTractors, it's another 37.....  :jester:

There can't be any diesels really that haven't been done so it either and electric - 86 (lots of liveries) or something Great Western (who else was there  :jester: )

Roll on Saturday, hope there is something to see in the flesh but suspect it is more likely to be a CAD.

• RMweb Gold

Helps to put names and a place to TMC. Interesting and quirkily offbeat.Shows it to be a dynamic organisation....and Monty Don's Nigel now has a media rival.....I enjoyed the video.Shan't be able to make it to Glasgow but now wish I could (wonder if FlyBe do an Awayday special from EMA?) .Well done to all concerned with this video and thanks.

Is it too much to hope for a GER E4? Multiple liveries (including the very pretty GER blue), long lasting, there's one in the National Collection - yes it's perhaps not exactly regionally appropriate, but they did work in the North East for a time in the inter war years (yes, clutching at straws I know, but one can but dream!) I reckon the best guesses are those already above, something NER and probably preserved, but you never know!

• Like 2

At the very least I have now seen where the Holiday Accommodation is and I was seriously thinking of renting one of those units this year. My problem would be how to resist all the 'goodies' just across the yard.

It's a lovely spot, good quality accommodation, the pub down the road and the railway on your doorstep plus you can sneak in the shop several times; what's not to like?

• Like 3