TMC Announcement at Glasgow - a chance to win a 9F!

tmc

Guest theonlydt

I think the 'multiple liveries' will put paid to that. Has it only ever been in Inter City Swallow?

Intercity, Intercity Swallow, GNER.

• RMweb Gold

OK, I'm putting together some clues from the video.

We saw some transfers applied to an LMS tender - I think its safe to say its a loco which appeared in LMS livery. 

Its being announced at Model Rail Scotland. I think its safe to say it has some sort of Scottish connection (although it could have been built in Scotland, rather than for a Scottish company).

The model shop is very large. Another word for something thats very large is Jumbo.post-26-0-36924200-1519219422.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

OK, I'm putting together some clues from the video.

We saw some transfers applied to an LMS tender - I think its safe to say its a loco which appeared in LMS livery. 

Its being announced at Model Rail Scotland. I think its safe to say it has some sort of Scottish connection (although it could have been built in Scotland, rather than for a Scottish company).

The model shop is very large. Another word for something thats very large is Jumbo.attachicon.gifjumbo.jpg

Hope so , and I've already guessed it. But honestly I'm not so sure . Probably makes sense for them to go with a small tank engine or industrial initially . I think the fact they are announcing it in Glasgow is significant because Doncaster, Ally Pally and York shows are all either past or soonish , so if it was Eastern Region or Country wide it would probably make more sense to announce there , so really has to be something Scottish is what I'm thinking . Both excited yet with a sense of trepidation that I'll be disappointed. But its only model railways so got to get it in perspective .

Edited by Legend

Annoying music? What annoying music?  At the very least I have now seen where the Holiday Accommodation is and I was seriously thinking of renting one of those units this year. My problem would be how to resist all the 'goodies' just across the yard.

Nice vid thanks BRM.

Oh yes, my guess is that the 'secret' is a 4mm model railway item of rolling stock.

Thank you.

Phil

I would say the music was odd, not annoying, but it also oddly worked with what i assume was the drone footage flying in and out of TMC.  I really enjoyed the video (thanks Andy Y and BRM for doing it). I've known of TMC, and i've ordered a couple of things from them, but I don't think it registered that they had a full on actual shop you could visit, or else I'd have stopped in when i was last at the Moors in 2014.

As for the new product, I'm sure it's already been guessed as I haven't read the whole thread, But a Caley 439 0-4-4T, only because i really want one!

Stephen

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You're all going to be terribly disappointed when you find out it's the Glasgow shipyard  (Fairfields) delivery train!

https://flic.kr/p/dSpwQ6

P

I'd be very happy with that but it would be a very niche market so my guess, as someone has already mentioned the Ruston 88DS would be its smaller sibling the 48DS. Lots of liveries, two styles of cab and cute as hell. I doubt that it would be just me who'd buy one.

• Like 1

Maybe a new loco type is a little ambitious, a Class 120 DMU even more so, no matter how much I would like one (or more). So, an announcement in Scotland, new tooling and various attractive liveries; My guess is an accurate bulk grain 'blue' wagon with whisky advertising boards. Cheers !