TMC Announcement at Glasgow - a chance to win a 9F!

tmc

4mm scale Spaniel.

Was that you on the video putting the LMS transfers / decals on a LMS  Locomotive ? I hope you have a double and it was him, if not prepare yourself for some stick. PS is it a J27 ? I won't tell anybody. Honest

• Like 1

It's a lovely spot, good quality accommodation, the pub down the road and the railway on your doorstep plus you can sneak in the shop several times; what's not to like?

They have accomodation - wife likes the outdoors, I like pub food and trains - got a short break location - do they have ducks, that could be a deal clincher

At the very least I have now seen where the Holiday Accommodation is and I was seriously thinking of renting one of those units this year. My problem would be how to resist all the 'goodies' just across the yard.

Nice vid thanks BRM.

Oh yes, my guess is that the 'secret' is a 4mm model railway item of rolling stock.

Thank you.

Phil

Your problem of how to resist the goodies would be my problem as well!

It’ a lovely place but rather expensive.........or it has been for me as I have yet to come away without one (or two) of their superb models.

Always a friendly greeting and everyone is so helpful, nothing is too much trouble and even SWMBO looks forward to visiting.

Brian

• Like 1

...so with my deer stalker firmly on my head...its an engine...launched at the Scottish show...by a company with BR era tendancies, who are offering a 9F as a prize...

my money is on a Clan

...or a 2nd guess would be a BR standard 3MT (TMC are northern based and a 3MT has southern, Scottish and northern appeal)

A/box

Edited by Axlebox

• RMweb Premium

Nice video, if I lived nearer I would love to go inside the TMC shop.  It reminds me of all the best shops from my childhood where it's absolutely full with models/books/whatever everywhere you look.

You've got it exactly right! I visited several years ago to get TMC's superb Mk 1 Horse box (in collaboration with Bachmann) and the shop is a modeller's cornucopia! It is just like the best shops from our childhood, only better because

a) there are all sorts of locomotives, coaches, wagons and buildings available today that we would never have dreamt possible

b) because we've been in employment, and can now afford to buy the models of our dreams!

Incidentally in my post a t2 above, I should have mentioned TMC's Mk 1 Horse Box - great model!

John Storey

• RMweb Gold

I don't know why you lot are getting so fixated with the 'LNER' (which is something I have heard about and believe existed once, somewhere) or the NYMR, because there's only one loco worth doing in RTR form now, only one loco that will sell in huge numbers and make the manufacturer of it an absolute fortune. Nothing else matters, believe me, I know what I'm talking about. If TMC aren't actually doing this particular loco, then they've got a few days to change their plans and still announce it at the Glasgow show, don't see how it could be that difficult.

The loco that they are surely going to be producing is a cute and pretty little gem of a loco, that saw service in three of the countries that make up mainland Britain. And that loco can only be the sweet little 16XX pannier.

What's not to like?

I'd buy one. I would. Honest, Guv.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I don't know why you lot are getting so fixated with the 'LNER' (which is something I have heard about and believe existed once, somewhere) or the NYMR, because there's only one loco worth doing in RTR form now, only one loco that will sell in huge numbers and make the manufacturer of it an absolute fortune. Nothing else matters, believe me, I know what I'm talking about. If TMC aren't actually doing this particular loco, then they've got a few days to change their plans and still announce it at the Glasgow show, don't see how it could be that difficult.

The loco that they are surely going to be producing is a cute and pretty little gem of a loco, that saw service in three of the countries that make up mainland Britain. And that loco can only be the sweet little 16XX pannier.

What's not to like?

I'd buy one. I would. Honest, Guv.

Ooooh that's close.  I'll go for the 15xx.  A fine looking loco just asking to be modelled.