TMC Announcement at Glasgow - a chance to win a 9F!

tmc

So, there's a nugget of information... There are two types of nuggets, chicken, and gold.

Cock O' The North has already been done, so the chicken connection is ruled out.

That leaves the gold - there was a gold rush in the Klondyke, and the nickname for GNR C1 Atlantics was Klondykes, so my guess is a small-boiler Great Northern Atlantic!

• Like 1

I'd still like to hedge my bets on a new tooling collaboration for a 73/9.....

Ohh. That is a good one Bob, but I doubt it, unless they collaborate with Dapol.  It would be a lot of investment for just two liveries, although they could follow up with Mk5s I guess.

If I heard the video right it was definately a locomotive they are cutting metal for, which was a new departure for them..

If it's at the Glasgow show... could it be a NBR Glen? There's one in preservation (Glen Douglas, albeit static, now), and it's less than a mile away at the Riverside Museum. Plus could be painted in NBR green, LNER lined black, BR unlined black, and the bonus of being "namers". There's certainly already rolling stock for the LNER and BR versions in the form of Gresley suburban stock, and it'd go so nicely with the newly-announced Hornby J36... Pretty please?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

post-57-0-61208100-1519078442_thumb.jpg

Ooh, a pannier tank - tasty. Goes with the wagons too.

What can you mean, 'waffle?'

That was a carefully thought-through, erudite and convincing argument in favour of a cute little 16XX pannier tank.

Mind you, that alternative Kitson pannier must have been designed by someone who was thrown out of the Swindon drawing office for taking too long over his lunch hour.

I'd get one, though.

Oh, you're going to get me to start questioning my loyalty to those cute little panniers now.

You go for your little panniers, I want a little NBL shunter but can't see that happening. Heljan have given us 05's and soon a 07, Hornby have given two versions of the Sentinel so at the moment it seems small is beautiful

• RMweb Premium

....there's only one loco worth doing in RTR form now, only one loco that will sell in huge numbers ....

The loco that they are surely going to be producing is a cute and pretty little gem of a loco, that saw service in three of the countries that make up mainland Britain. And that loco can only be the sweet little 16XX pannier.

What's not to like?

I'd buy one. I would. Honest, Guv.

Sorry, but I just don't understand that fixation! A 16xx just looks like any other Pannier. But if you'd suggested a 15xx with its powerful looks and reciprocating valve gear ... I'd understand! They really are different, and it would be great to see the 15xx available rtr in model form.

John S

• RMweb Gold

Sorry, but I just don't understand that fixation! A 16xx just looks like any other Pannier. But if you'd suggested a 15xx with its powerful looks and reciprocating valve gear ... I'd understand! They really are different, and it would be great to see the 15xx available rtr in model form.

John S

A 15XX is purposeful and conceptually invigorating with its gesticulating valve gear and whilst I agree with some of the things that have been said about them, the aesthetic implications of the gesture resonate throughout the substructure of critical thinking.

• Like 3