DC Layout

G&A Track

Hi All, I’m looking for some assistance / advice on issue we have with our layout.

Currently have put down phase one of our DC layout, 1) Main Up Line; 2) Main Down Line; both into station covering 8 platforms, 3) a Return Line. All 3 lines are being powered separately with own bus wire, and are using Seep PM-1 point motors with Peco Electrofrog turnouts on these lines.

Question we have is:- Where should PM-1 terminals D & E be connected to on layout?

Have search high & low but still confused as all findings relate to DCC which understand, but would appreciated clarification on connecting D & E on DC layout.

Look forward to hearing from forum.

Al.

I don't use these, but looking at the instructions at http://www.gaugemaster.com/instructions/pm1.pdf it would appear that A, B and C are your inputs with C being the common and A and B being connected to a switch that is used to throw the points.  D, E and F would appear to be outputs that you can use for another purpose, which I assume you wish to use for frog switching.  My reading of the diagram would be that D and F are connected when the switch is set to A, while E and F will be connected when the switch is set to B.  As such, I would assume that F should be connected to your common crossing (the live frog), which will of course require insulated fish plates, while D and E should be connected to the appropriate stock rails.

For example, if when the switch is set to provide power to coil A for the straight ahead road, then D should be connected to the straight stock rail.  E would then be connected to the curved stock rail, assuming that switching the motor by powering terminal B is the diverging route.