Eveleigh Creations - Great Eastern 4 & 6-Wheel Coaches

Edwardian

On 03/10/2021 at 22:06, Annie said:

Yes please Rob.

Apologies for the double post on this for those who follow the 3d printing threads, but I managed to print out a first pass on one of these GER coaches, in 7mm

36959DBC-4FFB-449C-93E3-49627728D65B.jpeg.e2ae693ea035460d9a779443d36103dc.jpegE59A9EF6-1CF9-49D6-834B-3CF67EFFF077.jpeg.bea6d5e61fd819773f2457ce1427d614.jpeg1D88E041-3D99-4B1D-8BA0-9BC99BAF54CC.jpeg.227a9dfae3a5d2caf9c8a45f4b998031.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, woko said:

Apologies for the double post on this for those who follow the 3d printing threads, but I managed to print out a first pass on one of these GER coaches, in 7mm

Really nice work Rob.  It looks like the coach has printed out perfectly.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Annie said:

Really nice work Rob.  It looks like the coach has printed out perfectly.

Thanks Annie, the detail is a little oversized to get it to print better, but otherwise i am pretty pleased with it as a first print 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, woko said:

Working up some GER 6 wheeled lavatory third Clerestory coaches that Annie kindly shared as I thought they look rather special, I am assuming they had a 6 wheeled clerestory brake to compliment this coach below.? I am also not entirely sure the roof on this carriage is correct as the drawing is a wee bit fuzzy there,  so any thoughts from you knowledgeable folks would be much appreciated

Cheers

Rob

Shouldn't this be on a separate thread?  Seems a bit unfair to be discussing a "rival product" in Eveleigh Creations section of Smaller Suppliers!

• Agree 5

8 hours ago, Nick Holliday said:

Shouldn't this be on a separate thread?  Seems a bit unfair to be discussing a "rival product" in Eveleigh Creations section of Smaller Suppliers!

Fair point Nick, but im not a rival product just doing this stuff for fun now :) 

1 hour ago, woko said:

Fair point Nick, but im not a rival product just doing this stuff for fun now :) 

Well, I would not mind a print of the 6W clerestory Third, especially if you do the clerestory bogie Composite, a nice go-with.  Eveleigh Creations don't produce either, and I don't fancy my chances of finding the D&S kits. 

25 minutes ago, jwealleans said:

Bill Bedford does that vehicle as well:

spacer.png

I agree that a 6 wheeler would make a nice accompaniment.  They were in regular and main line use into the middle 1930s:

Thanks Jonathan that image is super useful, i can now see where I have made a few school boy errors with the extra torpedo roof vents, along the roof, I know this is a longer bogie version, but I believe now there was  only one above the khazie! 

On a side note

I won’t be making these commercially available, along with the 4 wheelers, I contacted David, he said he was thinking of making his lovely 4 and 6 wheeled GER coaches in 7mm as well, so i don’t want to hamper plans for that and told him so. I am primarily building these for myself and the pre-grouping inspired 7mm club layout,, and potentially a few friends and folks who have kindly helped me out should they really want any of my stuff.

I have yet to sell any of my stock if completely honest, and have only given stuff away presently to some of kind folks who have helped with my work, and I still really owe a few, not mentioning any names Nick ;) 

I may one day put a bunch of stuff up if Din gets his site up and running, which would be fantastic, or even sell the lot as a bulk set, otherwise I just love building and printing this stuff to push my modelling skills and knowledge of pre-grouping railway stock, which has been fascinating so far, and I really appreciate all the knowledge and time and effort folks have kindly shared with me so far.

cheers

Rob

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Good GER clerestory coach pictures are difficult to find.  This is a push-pull coach conversion, but still useful for details.  Hope this helps.

gN492xo.jpg

Edited by Annie
More information
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Annie said:

Good GER clerestory coach pictures are difficult to find.  This is a push-pull coach conversion, but still useful for details.  Hope this helps.

Thanks Annie yes a good shot of the roof, which im finding the hardest bit to crack for details a big help thank you :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 02/11/2021 at 18:42, t-b-g said:

Well it has been a long haul but we are about there with the rake of 6 carriages.

They will soon be on their way to a new home.20211102_172806.jpg.9068c61ec7286326ff14cab14bca8021.jpg20211102_172825.jpg.152891458eded3df4b882e7b288d2a78.jpg20211102_172852.jpg.35f6c8c75f8582b6b1dad260d9c0dc3b.jpg20211102_172929.jpg.c5ce6bc5cc42a58c3b3904dce47430a2.jpg

Hi t-b-g,

Can you tell me how you achieved the brown GER coach colour please. - it looks excellent.

Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, Paulrhodes said:

Hi t-b-g,

Can you tell me how you achieved the brown GER coach colour please. - it looks excellent.

Paul

Hello Paul.

Thanks for the kind words.

The carriages were sprayed with Halfords Etching Primer, then brush painted with a cheap and cheerful Burnt Sienna Acrylic (photo attached). I use a couple of coats with the paint thinned with water and a large flat brush. Then they were varnished with Kleer to give a gloss surface for the transfers. Once they were applied, they were weathered with Tamiya Acrylic paints, using a mostly dark greys with a bit of flat earth colour around the footsteps and underframe.

20220112_154457.jpg.c48532841c704c57545b07f73e0bab88.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 12/01/2022 at 15:51, t-b-g said:

Hello Paul.

Thanks for the kind words.

The carriages were sprayed with Halfords Etching Primer, then brush painted with a cheap and cheerful Burnt Sienna Acrylic (photo attached). I use a couple of coats with the paint thinned with water and a large flat brush. Then they were varnished with Kleer to give a gloss surface for the transfers. Once they were applied, they were weathered with Tamiya Acrylic paints, using a mostly dark greys with a bit of flat earth colour around the footsteps and underframe.

20220112_154457.jpg.c48532841c704c57545b07f73e0bab88.jpg

Thanks t-b-g, that's really helpful.

Best wishes,

Paul

• Thanks 1

On 18/10/2021 at 13:34, Edwardian said:

Well, I would not mind a print of the 6W clerestory Third, especially if you do the clerestory bogie Composite, a nice go-with.  Eveleigh Creations don't produce either, and I don't fancy my chances of finding the D&S kits. 

Danny still has the artwork  for the GER coaches and produces them to order, so a nice letter might yield results. It’s how I got my four and six wheel sets and some wagons and horseboxes.

Edited by EHertsGER
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

Well it took a very long time to get the round-tuit working, but I have finally used the first set of the excellent transfers that @ianmaccormac produced for us! It was a bit awe-inspiring having to get two layers lined up, but like many things, not as difficult as you think it will be once you get started. 20231208_221609.jpg.cf157f2f01973c5fdad4737d2ea7b958.jpg

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, icw said:

Well it took a very long time to get the round-tuit working, but I have finally used the first set of the excellent transfers that @ianmaccormac produced for us! It was a bit awe-inspiring having to get two layers lined up, but like many things, not as difficult as you think it will be once you get started. 

Glad to see another rake. Looks superb. Cheers, Ian

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Does anybody know whether David Eveleigh is still producing the 4mm scale 6-wheel GER coaches?  I have tried to get in contact with him via email and personal message on RMWeb, but to no avail.

Edited by gazzaday
typo

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, gazzaday said:

Does anybody know whether David Eveleigh is still producing the 4mm scale 6-wheel GER coaches?  I have tried to get in contact with him via email and personal message on RMWeb, but to no avail.

I have been in contact with David quite recently - I know there is a potential reason for a lack of replies. I'll see if I can find out what the current status of the kits are.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bucoops said:

I have been in contact with David quite recently - I know there is a potential reason for a lack of replies. I'll see if I can find out what the current status of the kits are.

Many thanks.