Mansfield 2018

RedgateModels

Great first day as always, good to see everyone again. Plenty of questions were fielded to us on "PeeBee", and we've been doing scenery, Arduino and lighting "demos" on it whilst running it, so it appears to be going down well.

Even the "oh, it's just an American layout" crowd have had a stop and observe, I'm assuming it's due to the sheer size of it. Hard to ignore! :P

Not a lot of O scale on the trade stalls, but that's fine - I've spent a bit on more scenery products, which is what I had planned to anyway. :D

Here's looking forward to day two - Ford had managed to get one of the building lighting projects finished and ready to go for the morning, so I'm hoping that will bring more questions. :D

Well done to Ian and the team at Mansfield for still putting on the show when many would have cancelled it (btw the bacon cobs were superb!)

Thank you for inviting Annesley Woodhouse to the show and many thanks to the public for voting it "Best in Show".  We were also glad we could help by bringing our group layout, Depot Lane, today.

Simon

• Like 3

Well done to Ian and the team at Mansfield for still putting on the show when many would have cancelled it (btw the bacon cobs were superb!)

Thank you for inviting Annesley Woodhouse to the show and many thanks to the public for voting it "Best in Show".  We were also glad we could help by bringing our group layout, Depot Lane, today.

Simon

Indeed, an enjoyable weekend operating Old Castle Lane and thanks to Ian and crew for putting the show on.

Simon - I enjoyed seeing both Annesley Woodhouse and Depot Lane, hope you get a 156 soon ;)

Colin

• Like 1

Indeed, an enjoyable weekend operating Old Castle Lane and thanks to Ian and crew for putting the show on.

Simon - I enjoyed seeing both Annesley Woodhouse and Depot Lane, hope you get a 156 soon ;)

Colin

Thanks Colin

Like I've said at the show, I'll let Paul buy one - then I'll borrow it  :declare:

Simon

Edited by Psiborg

• RMweb Gold

Huge thanks to all exhibitors, traders, scouts, helpers from Church and visitors who made the show a great success.

I have got to say I was ready to throw in the towel last week, even before the snow. But the way we all pulled together to put on a show despite the weather warmed my heart.

Layouts are already being booked for next year (but please no snow!)

Oh and I got to play with my APT-E on Sunday too ....

post-6717-0-65393400-1520237132_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It was a brilliant show as always. To my fellow exhibitors, all your layouts were superb, though myself and Ford didn't get as much of a chance to look around this year as we were having way too much fun on our own layout. :D

Ian - Piedmont Blues is available for next year, if you'll have us again? We're hoping to have full lighting, signals, sound effects and DCC sound in the locos by then, plus a working traversor to improve operations some more. :)