RevolutioN announce N gauge Sturgeon wagons

Revolution Ben

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

The first CADs of the Sturgeon have arrived. These will now be assessed and any modifications made.

post-420-0-87915800-1533771659_thumb.jpg

We will shortly be opening the order book and once we have sufficient orders will commence tooling.

For more information and images see here: http://www.revolutiontrains.com/news/

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 15

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Any news on when the web site will be accepting orders for these? I just received my Type B tankers and have been convinced to order a couple of these.

Ben said on a different forum that they are hoping to have them on the website very soon, but had a couple of things to sort out first. 

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

CAD drawings for the forthcoming Revolution Trains Sturgeon engineers wagon are just about done.

post-420-0-47514400-1538348887_thumb.jpg

post-420-0-98111300-1538348898_thumb.jpg

There are two versions - with and without dropside doors - and each will incorporate other variations including different buffers, ends and we will offer versions with air-brakes for those modelling later periods.

post-420-0-62748500-1538348912_thumb.jpg

Once the CADs are complete we will be in a position to open the order book. As ever the sooner people order, the sooner we can start the expensive process of cutting mould tools and preparing actual samples.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 13

• 1 month later...

Are any of the manufacturers looking at these for OO, is anyone aware?

Just as soon as the Class 17 disappears off the N horizon, these appear over it, taunting my Waverley route gauge selection yet again....   :angel:

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi there,

As built the doors were fully demountable and had to be removed for loads such as track panels.  So it didn't take long before doors from some wagons were left behind in the yard, or even occasionally at the trackside, and the wagons were left in traffic without them.

cheers

Ben A.

I will be ordering 4 or 5 shortly.

I know the Gulf Red was a short-lived late 60s livery and probably couldn't be seen into my era (80s), but are there any photos out there of Sturgeons in this livery? I checked Paul Bartlett's site but couldn't see any in this livery. There were many filthy ones with no discernible livery, of course!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

As built the doors were fully demountable and had to be removed for loads such as track panels.  So it didn't take long before doors from some wagons were left behind in the yard, or even occasionally at the trackside, and the wagons were left in traffic without them.

cheers

Ben A.

Just tried to order a single Olive green without doors and the option to select no doors is not there, I can order with doors.  Am I doing something wrong, is there an issue with certain browsers or is there something I am not aware of?

Mike