RevolutioN announce N gauge Sturgeon wagons

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

Hello Shropshire Lad,

It depends.  Once the factory confirms they are finished (still on course for the end of this month as far as I know) then we will know the proposed shipping dates.

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Thanks 2

Reflecting the positive side, personally it is nice to know that I have six Sturgeons on order, all paid for, and I don't have to do anything further, they will be on the boat soon and at some not too distant future they will just arrive at my doorstep!

If only everything in life were that simple....

Roy

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

A nice little (or not so little in this case!) surprise waiting at home in the form of a Sturgeon today. A quick glance over suggests it’s every bit as good as the previous RevolutioN wagons but I’m not going to have chance to have a proper look over it until the new year sadly. 

Tom. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The 6 I ordered arrived today. A very pleasant surprise as I was not expecting to receive them until after Christmas.

They are superb in every way. The detail is amazing, maintaining the very high standard of goods that Revolution produce. Well Done Mike and Ben once again and thanks for despatching them so quickly.

All the Best for Christmas and the New Year, you have earned it!!!

Ged.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Managed a quick photo of mine before heading North for Christmas. I found that the brake cylinders had been glued in at a slight angle and consequently the V hangers are not seated home in their slots and fowl the top of the rail when passing through pointwork. It should be a relatively simple job to reseat the cylinder and all will be fine. Apart from that, another quality product from the guys! 

8979812B-724C-4165-AD0C-8FF590F765BE.jpeg.3eb995b0b038974ccbc6d6e0f4a38fca.jpeg

Tom. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Got my six black ones yesterday. Needless to say PW trains have featured on the layout a lot since! Lovely models, I especially like the ones with the doors (I got three of each) the individual handles on the doors are exquisite. They run very nicely too, my little Farish C Class has no trouble with three of them, four Dogfish and a brake van.

Great work Ben and Mike, like others I am sure, I am looking forward to receiving my already ordered Cemflos and order books opening for the 128s.

Roy

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TomE said:

Managed a quick photo of mine before heading North for Christmas. I found that the brake cylinders had been glued in at a slight angle and consequently the V hangers are not seated home in their slots and fowl the top of the rail when passing through pointwork. It should be a relatively simple job to reseat the cylinder and all will be fine. Apart from that, another quality product from the guys! 

8979812B-724C-4165-AD0C-8FF590F765BE.jpeg.3eb995b0b038974ccbc6d6e0f4a38fca.jpeg

Tom. 

The prototype of DB994175, from August 1986 https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brsturgeon/e1eb7c4fb

Paul

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Richp1976 said:

Has anybody else recieved an invoice for the final balance for these wagons?  I pre ordered but did not pay full balance. Cheers Richard 

Yes, received invoice and payed before Christams. Eagerly awaiting the postman.

Cheers

Dave

• Thanks 1

I can't even remember what I did, was there an option to just pre-order and one to pay in full? 

I haven't received any communication from Revolution regarding payment, nor have I received a model yet.

I've actually just mailed them to see if I can maybe add another wagon to my order anyway so I'll see what comes of that.

• RMweb Premium

I'll add my name to the list of part-paid, waiting for final invoice.

I assume that things have been quiet over Christmas / New Year and that final payments will be requested in the next few weeks.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, millerhillboy said:

I can't even remember what I did, was there an option to just pre-order and one to pay in full? 

I haven't received any communication from Revolution regarding payment, nor have I received a model yet.

Have you had a look at your order on their website? That will tell you if you’ve paid in full or just a deposit. In any case, with the container flats and now the sturgeons arriving just before Christmas, I would imagine Revolution Trains are up to their eyes in sending out invoices and orders at the moment. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, bluedepot said:

hi

does anyone know how to fix the coupling socket back? the spring has come detached when removing the coupler. 

If you look under the plastic insert there is a piece of white paper under which is the instructions sheet which should have an exploded diagram which should help.  Or look at the other end  - from memory the spring clips under part of the close coupling mechanism.

Cheers Mike

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1