RevolutioN announce N gauge Sturgeon wagons

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, millerhillboy said:

Anyone know if any of the dealers have their allocations yet? I'd like to buy a couple of door down versions in addition to my preorder.

Kernow model centre will accept pre orders on them.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Padishar Creel said:

Received my Sturgeons yesterday hier in Germany. Excellent models, congratulations to the whole Revolution team.

KFAs not arrived yet. I expect they'll be just as good.

Thanks to Ben and Mike for their work

es grüßt 

pc

I haven't received my KFA's either, it's good to know I'm not alone :D.

Regards,

John P

On 24/01/2020 at 21:20, jpendle said:

I haven't received my KFA's either, it's good to know I'm not alone :D.

Regards,

John P

I ordered 3 x triple packs, but only recieved 1 x triple pack back in December.

I've sent a couple of emails, as well as a PM to Mike, so hopefully it will be resolved at some point.

I've ran the 3 that I received with a couple of C-Rail 40ft containers and they look great. I'm hoping C-Rail produce some 1980s 20ft containers to add to these.

On 06/01/2020 at 16:11, red death said:

If you look under the plastic insert there is a piece of white paper under which is the instructions sheet which should have an exploded diagram which should help.  Or look at the other end  - from memory the spring clips under part of the close coupling mechanism.

Cheers Mike

very delayed thanks mike

fixed it now

for reference of others, i unscrewed and removed both bogies, removed the metal underframe part, reattached spring, put everything back together... 

i could have used a miniscule drop of superglue to attach the spring (as i know some do this with other models) but i didnt bother. the metal underframe and bogies should hold it in place now. be very careful when removing or re-attaching couplings though.

the underframe is very well detailed! 

looking forward to a future second run of these wagons! 

tim

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Crepello,

Thanks for the kind words.  Revolution isn’t looking at the Shark right now - it’s my suspicion that the tooling produced for the now defunct DJM brand will surface at some point.

If you’re desperate there is always the NGS kit, which isn’t tricky and builds into a pretty good model IMHO.

cheers

Ben A.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi

I've been having a go at detailing a NGS Shark kit, some photos below. Neither the roof or the ploughs are currently attached. The ploughs have been modified to accept Peco couplings, I did want to add NEM pockets but there wasn't enough metal in the plough to do so.

Overall view. Plough protection boards to be added after painting. This will be DB993729 in Olive Green. Chassis is from the 2mm SA

87_982-080220160535.jpeg.5ac09ec070313b9ea9f4875904e71164.jpeg

Roof off. Plough operating gear scratchbuilt from plastic and brass. Plough operating wheels are from the kit.

87_982-080220160855.jpeg.4d9d263d3427bc15dc4206acf3363b3f.jpeg

Plough operating details

87_982-080220170805.jpeg.7d6d169234e019832f87052947a94405.jpeg

Cheers

Paul

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Premium

I use Dapol couplers on my stock;  the Sturgeon needs the long Nemcoups to couple to adjacent vehicles; mine is coupled at one end to a Farish SR brake in olive green and surprisingly this too needs a long Nemcoup  to avoid buffer lock with the Sturgeon. Furthermore, I can't see how these couplers can be used in a rake of Sturgeons.

6 hours ago, Crepello said:

I use Dapol couplers on my stock;  the Sturgeon needs the long Nemcoups to couple to adjacent vehicles; mine is coupled at one end to a Farish SR brake in olive green and surprisingly this too needs a long Nemcoup  to avoid buffer lock with the Sturgeon. Furthermore, I can't see how these couplers can be used in a rake of Sturgeons.

I have medium dapols on mine at present which seemed to be ok.

Big issue for me is that the couplings seem a tad lower and the Dapol couplings are fouling in peco points due to the height being lower.

Scott

On 14/02/2020 at 16:39, Crepello said:

From that I assume you're using the magnetic ones Scott; have you tried adjusting the tails?

Yes, I am using the Dapol Magnetic couplings, in this case the medium length variety. The pins are pushed as far as I can get them upwards but they still caught the points.

Having now donned my magnification visor I can see that there is a cut out/notch on the original coupling arms that allow the shank to clear the underside of the buffer beam and then permit the coupling head to sit higher between the buffers (if you see what I mean).

This notch has been replicated on the Dapol magnetic coupling this afternoon with the aid of a small diamond coated file and all is now good, all be it with the pins still pushed upwards.

Result !!

IMAG0094.jpg

Edited by Scott B
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Anyone looking for some of these at near early bird price should look here https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/65554/N-Sturgeon-351-Revolution-Trains-Sturgeon-A-Wagon-Triple-Pack - Came up in the sale document so is valid until sold out or the 17th August (however I have seen many Kernow sale items continue at the sale price until sold). 

• 1 month later...
On 24/09/2022 at 13:19, guzzler17 said:

Please could you put your pictures up again so we can all share in your happiness?

Hi,

I've just had a look through my old photos and can't find them I'm afraid. The railway rooms getting a coat of paint and a new floor, so the layout is under covers at the moment. Once everything is set up again I will get some new photos (I suspect this will be something like 2/3 weeks time). 

All the best,

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/09/2022 at 13:19, guzzler17 said:

Please could you put your pictures up again so we can all share in your happiness?

Sorry it has taken a few weeks, but the layout is set up again and I got a few photos (excuse the lighting, this still needs setting up properly).

DSC_0009.JPG.903757486cc4b7a0482c2ecce774d6f3.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG.fe26ce2c885452ba1dcb7ce8ac55c380.JPG 

All the best,

Dave 

• Like 7