RevolutioN announce N gauge Sturgeon wagons

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

Just tried to order a single Olive green without doors and the option to select no doors is not there, I can order with doors.  Am I doing something wrong, is there an issue with certain browsers or is there something I am not aware of?

Mike

Hi MIke

We aren't offering every single variant/combination as otherwise it dilutes orders and makes our lives too complex!   In this first run, the olive livery is only available with doors.

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

‪EARLYBIRD PRICE DEADLINE DAY HAS PASSED!‬

‪The £33 EarlyBird rate for the forthcoming Revolution Trains Sturgeon engineer's wagon ended at midnight last night, at which time the price went up to £35‬.

post-420-0-80016300-1545472276_thumb.png

Because of the rapid take up we've seen since opening the order book the model is already in tooling and we are expecting to have EP1 samples to show at Model Rail Scotland in February.

Cheers

Ben A.

EDITED: to correct my blunder over the date!!

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 1

The discount code I was given for the Sturgeons when I recieved my IZAs does not work. Should that still be working today?

Also, the price has already gone up to £35 so it appears we don't have until midnight tonight. Can this be fixed and extended for 24 hours?

Edited by 47475

The discount code I was given for the Sturgeons when I recieved my IZAs does not work. Should that still be working today?

Also, the price has already gone up to £35 so it appears we don't have until midnight tonight. Can this be fixed and extended for 24 hours?

The discount code was rendered superfluous when the price was just reduced instead. I don't know why the price has gone up already.

This is the text on their website and it says the 21st is the last day.

The CAD for our N gauge Sturgeon wagon  is complete and these wagons are ready to start tooling.  The order book is now open and we can confirm that the price is £35 per wagon. We issued discount codes with our Class B tanks and IZAs but as the CAD took us longer than anticipated some of the codes have expired, so as a result we have discounted the Sturgeons for everyone automatically (ie no need for a code) by £2/wagon ie £33/wagon until 21 December 2018.  We thought that was the fairest way as some people will have old discount codes that they might have lost etc…plus it meant we could offer a £2/wagon discount on singles and triples (the discount codes would have only given £2 off a triple pack not £2/wagon).

Edited by cutting42

Actually I just noticed the last email from Revolution said midnight on 21st. It was Ben's comment above saying midnight tonight (22nd) that threw me.

Ah well, I guess it is too late to get the discount. I'll be ordering four anyway!

Edited by 47475

• RMweb Gold

when are these due to be released

cheers

john

Hi John,

Once we receive first EP samples these will need to be assessed, then livery diagrams prepared and the models actually produced.  Our IZA Cargowaggon twin vans (produced by the same factory) took just over a year from announcement to delivery, so we are expecting these to be similar.

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Premium

I'd love to order a Sturgeon but I've forgotten my password and the e-mail reminder system doesn't work. I've pm'd Mike twice now. Help!

I've had to circumvent the system to get my order in, albeit at the higher price; I've used my wife's e-mail address and a new password. Trouble is, she'll find out about my Sturgeon purchase!

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Revolution's Sturgeon EP1 samples are on display at Model Rail Scotland this weekend at the SEC in Glasgow. We're on stand B22.

We have versions both with and without doors, and test ran them on Steve Farmer's rather excellent Lymebrook Yard layout at the show.

IMG_7503.jpg.df80c55b055405151e8f88c3bd605f2b.jpg

The models are well-weighted, with most of the underside being metal, and ran comfortably through the R1 hidden curves at either end of the layout.

The tooling is ready to approve, though the checker plate still needs to be engraved in the deck on both types.

IMG_7504.jpg.1ddf8172b3fdb3f7a30db602bd7f3d83.jpg

We are now working on the livery diagrams and are hoping to have deco samples in 6-8 weeks, and assuming all is well we'll be closing the order book soon after.

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Revolution has received painted samples of its forthcoming Sturgeon models.

IMG_8250.JPG.c83057d7e1463a628504aaee23a62e1e.JPG

For more information see our website http://www.revolutiontrains.com/news/

The order book will remain open for a short while longer, then the models will go into production with delivery expected late summer.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 7

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Roy,

The last update I had on these (couple of weeks ago) was that it was anticipated that they would be ready to ship at the end of this month or early next.

Once we know they are on the way we will start the process of sending out final invoices.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Are these likely to arrive in time for Warley?

Let's think about this?

Not shipped by the factory yet

When they are it's 6 weeks on a boat

Then say a week to clear customs and delivered to Revolution's nominated address

Conclusion:  Unlikely, unless they're airfreighted