Carlton Railway Society - 17th & 18th March

steve1

Shire Hall, Market Place, Howden, East Yorkshire DN14 7BJ

OPENING TIMES:  SAT 10 am-5pm SUN 10am-4pm
ADMISSION:  Adults £5.00  Concessions £3.00     
Annual Model Rail Show, by Carlton Railway Society. A full list of Exhibitors, Traders etc will be available in about 3 weeks. Under 11s free when accompanied by an appropriate person. For car parking details please refer to Carlton Railway Society Facebook page.

List of Traders Attending :

List of Layouts Attending : Going Loco
Nick Morley
Jason Johnson - Custom Signs   To be confirmed List of Demonstrations :   List of Other Displays : Suzie Batters - Making Trees  

Brio - Hands-On For Children

This is the show that was previously held in Goole.

steve

Edited by steve1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm there with my HO switching puzzle layout 'Peforia Narrows'  Come and have a go - it's not TO difficult :senile: :scratchhead:

As is Golden Fleece with his Tri-ang TT layout.

Edited by 5050

Thanks 5050,

Last year in Goole and the previous year in Wressle I had TT loose lay, this year it is on a board with scenery to show what Tri-ang meant by TT (table top) railway.

There are photos of it on here under "When TT3 was the next big thing"

Garry

Edited by Golden Fleece 30

Are there any more details of the layouts/ traders?

While in the area, I'd been to the first one held in Goole a few years ago and it was an interesting show in a very nice venue. I wish you all the best with this one.

• Like 1

Are there any more details of the layouts/ traders?

While in the area, I'd been to the first one held in Goole a few years ago and it was an interesting show in a very nice venue. I wish you all the best with this one.

The Goole venue was very good in all respects and I have shown various layouts there over the last 5 or 6 years but I heard they priced themselves out of the running this year.

Cannot help with the layouts going apart from what has been mentioned here, sorry.

Garry

List of Traders Attending :

Going Loco
Nick Morley
Jason Johnson - Custom Signs  

Layouts:

Betton Street OO
Rumbling Bridge OO
American Shunting Layout HO
Pen-Y-Madoc EM
Annascoul Oon3
B A Cookes Engineering 7mmng
West Street Station OO
Peforia Narrows HO
Bridale 7mmng
Dawes Port N
Bytoft Creyke N
Batterdale N
Dolwyn Oong
Ripponden N
Duncan's Mine 2 HO
Heavons Halt TT
1918 Behind the Lines OO9
Boston Frodsham P4
Coton Hill O

List of Demonstrations :  

Suzie Batters - Making Trees
Live Steam
Architectural Models  

List of Other Displays :

Brio - Hands-On For Children
Lego Trains
Wensleydale Diesel Traction

Taken from the Model Shop Directory site.

Incidentally, for those coming by car, parking in Howden is free on Sundays. The railway station is a little over a mile walk. Howden has a large number of pubs, including a micro in the main drag called The Tailor's Chalk.

steve (who works in Howden)

Edited by steve1
  • Like 1

Whilst the locos are DCC (and sound fitted) the crane is just a static model (built from the Langley Models kit). I'm not clever enough to make it work!

Not had the layout at the Stafford Show (yet). I was at the Pontefract Show in January with it. Did you see it there?

Whilst the locos are DCC (and sound fitted) the crane is just a static model (built from the Langley Models kit). I'm not clever enough to make it work!

Not had the layout at the Stafford Show (yet). I was at the Pontefract Show in January with it. Did you see it there?

Yes, that was it.

I knew it was relatively recently!

Thanks to Carlton Railway Society for a jolly good weekend, despite the weather. Just as well it was only 7 miles from home!

Thanks also to Colin for operating assistance and Richard for letting my Freightliner Class 70 and EWS Class 37 run on Network Rail Betton Street (to give the layout its full name).

Here's the Siphon

post-143-0-74501900-1521393073_thumb.jpg

steve

• Like 1