RAILS ANNOUNCE CALEY 812 CLASS 0-6-0s

Andy Y

• 4 weeks later...

This week we visited Bachmann to discuss progress and the design and production schedule. 

The CAD is completed with only minor alterations needed. The plan is to have a EP sample before the Glasgow exhibition in February. 

Livery samples are due shortly after.

Thanks
Oliver

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 5

On 22/08/2019 at 16:05, Oliver Rails said:

This week we visited Bachmann to discuss progress and the design and production schedule. 

The CAD is completed with only minor alterations needed. The plan is to have a EP sample before the Glasgow exhibition in February. 

Livery samples are due shortly after.

Thanks
Oliver

Thanks for the update Oliver! Looking forward to it. Please do share more pics as you get them, I'm sure we'd all like to see them! Do you think you're still on for a Q1 finish date or is Q2 more realistic?

Cheers,

David

On 26/08/2019 at 21:01, drt7uk said:

Thanks for the update Oliver! Looking forward to it. Please do share more pics as you get them, I'm sure we'd all like to see them! Do you think you're still on for a Q1 finish date or is Q2 more realistic?

Cheers,

David

EP sample in February? Production models unlikely to be in the shops by the end of March.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, scottystitch said:

Does anyone know what the options are for suitable Caledonian Coaches to match the as-built time scale?  I'm aware if any it would be kit built.....

Try Caley Coaches. Plenty of information on there and if you download the instructions there is more.

However I think most of them are too modern being mainly post World War One.

https://caley.com/index.php

Jason

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Try Caley Coaches. Plenty of information on there and if you download the instructions there is more.

However I think most of them are too modern being mainly post World War One.

https://caley.com/index.php

Jason

Many thanks Jason, that looks great. Being an N Gauge transition modeller I wasn't aware of that supplier. Quite a few options for which I will have to do some research. And practicing of coach building skills.

Best

Scott

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, twoscoops said:

It would be lovely if there was an announcement of production of some new caley coaches.......^_^

Given Blue's past performance, I expect 812 to be ready around the same time as the third iteration of Hattons' generics, which includes a proposal for CR.

Edited by truffy
  • Funny 1

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, twoscoops said:

Does anyone know whether it is still planned to have a model of this at the Scottish Model Rail Show in February?

It probably depends on which February!

With the complete lack of announcements or updates I would say no.

23 minutes ago, Legend said:

Its not even listed in Rails adverts anymore

I'm told there are updates in the Bachmann Collector Mag but I stopped my membership last year .

It only shows a picture of the CAD drawing on page 6, so still a long long way to go.

• Thanks 1

We still expect a first EP of the Caledonian 812 to be with us next month, we have stressed in time for Model Rail Scotland.

In regards to the adverts, we have quite a few ongoing exclusive projects we simply rotate project adverts in our magazine / advert space.

More updates will follow as soon as we hear them.

Oliver

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I'm not able to make it along to MRS this weekend due to work commitments.

Would anybody attending be able to share if any further updates are being given at the Rails stand, and if even an EP version has made it (although understandable if not, can foresee a delay on that due to the coronavirus issues).  Thanks in advance.