BRM Spring '18 + FREE DVD

SteveCole

If you do not have many D&E layouts to show could you do an article or two on fiddle yard construction, most articles say "and 3ft of fiddle yard" but never show them, I know there are many types, but a couple of articles with travers yard or cassette types, showing the electrical connections and shelf runners would be good. so far I have only used ladder types, but they take up to much room with all those turnouts, or articles on buildings and scenery construction, I think most of us only do that modelling, very little actual loco building.  I am thinking about taking out an electronic subscription as I have to wait 2 months for the mag to appear in shops over here or three weeks for the postal subscription.   

• Administrators

If you do not have many D&E layouts to show could you do an article or two on fiddle yard construction, most articles say "and 3ft of fiddle yard" but never show them, I know there are many types, but a couple of articles with travers yard or cassette types, showing the electrical connections and shelf runners would be good. so far I have only used ladder types, but they take up to much room with all those turnouts, or articles on buildings and scenery construction, I think most of us only do that modelling, very little actual loco building.  I am thinking about taking out an electronic subscription as I have to wait 2 months for the mag to appear in shops over here or three weeks for the postal subscription.   

That's more than an article or two - it's quite a substantial series lasting many months if you want full details for constructing each type of fiddle yard. I covered cassettes in a previous life and that ran to 4 page on its own for a simple system!

Andy and I have been planning to shoot a video when we're at a show showing lots of different yards and talking to the builders about their choice - just like we did with control panels a few issues ago. Sadly, plans to do this last weekend fell through due to lack of time, but it's a very useful idea and certainly one we'll try to get to again. In the meantime, if anyone is feeling inspired to write a "how I built XYZ type of yard" then you have the contact details.

• 2 weeks later...