The Outlook Has Improved!

I found the Slater's transfers for the P7 hopper wagons. Curious: it has a complete alphabet, plus N.E.R., N S C D (for the division markings), L and Y from a couple of alphanumeric "numbers", and 20 TONS all in the same height and style. 20 TONS is only needed for the later large N E livery, but that still leaves one short of one R and two As to spell out NORTH EASTERN RAILWAY!

There was a separate transfer sheet with the relevant 'North Eastern' lettering  x 10 , which I think was produced for the bulk pack of ten kits but which occasionally turned up on its own.

• RMweb Gold

I found the Slater's transfers for the P7 hopper wagons. Curious: it has a complete alphabet, plus N.E.R., N S C D (for the division markings), L and Y from a couple of alphanumeric "numbers", and 20 TONS all in the same height and style. 20 TONS is only needed for the later large N E livery, but that still leaves one short of one R and two As to spell out NORTH EASTERN RAILWAY!

One livery point that had previously eluded me but I've just noticed on leafing through North Eastern Record Vol. 2 is that the buffer guides should be painted black.

Going back to the topic of pre-Grouping RTR, this NER hopper coke wagon has been available for many, many years. It might be R5? - I'm not well-informed. (R781 is not a Diagram number!) I believe that at least the lettering style is correct, apart from needing full stops after R and the number, although there are several significant points of departure from the prototype. (I don't think this model was designed by laser scanning a preserved example!) Also available in blue.

There was a separate transfer sheet with the relevant 'North Eastern' lettering  x 10 , which I think was produced for the bulk pack of ten kits but which occasionally turned up on its own.

PM me if any of you want some NORTH EASTERN RAILWAY transfers inc. numbers, tares, etc, enough for 4 wagons. £5 posted UK.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/3252-worsdell-forevers-workbench-loads-of-north-eastern-stuff/?p=3090033