0 Gauge online

mrrook

Hello All,

I have recently placed an order with 0 Gauge Online for some of their Water Based Safety Flux, but I have not been able to contact them by email or phone, my payment was confirmed about two weeks ago!

Any information would be appreciated, many thanks, Mark

Can’t help with your enquiry, but can recommend home-brewed citric acid flux for brass. I now use it almost exclusively.

Citric acid is cheap & readily available. I mix a saturated solution with deionised water, then add about half as much isopropyl alcohol.

Works as a flux, won’t cause corrosion, washes off with warm water.

HTH

Simon

Can’t help with your enquiry, but can recommend home-brewed citric acid flux for brass. I now use it almost exclusively.

Citric acid is cheap & readily available. I mix a saturated solution with deionised water, then add about half as much isopropyl alcohol.

Works as a flux, won’t cause corrosion, washes off with warm water.

HTH

Simon

Thank you, Simon

I will give that a try, I suffer with mild asthma and I think the fumes would be less toxic than straight acid flux.

Regards, Mark

Thank you, Simon

I will give that a try, I suffer with mild asthma and I think the fumes would be less toxic than straight acid flux.

Regards, Mark

Sorry Simon, forgot to ask you about dilution rates of deionised to citric acid.

Hi, yes, I make it saturated, it’s about the same weights of citric acid crystals & water. You’ll know it’s enough if you can’t dissolve any more citric acid in the water.

You can get the citric acid at Wilko, or eBay. The isopropyl alcohol at a chemist or eBay.

Best

Simon

Edited by Simond

Hello All,

I have recently placed an order with 0 Gauge Online for some of their Water Based Safety Flux, but I have not been able to contact them by email or phone, my payment was confirmed about two weeks ago!

Any information would be appreciated, many thanks, Mark

Hi

I am checking orders now, if I have missed one it will go straight out to you

Please email me on administrator@7mmlocomotives.co.uk with your real name

I have no problems with email

Regards

Simon

Edited by SimonV
  • Like 2

Mark

OK found you, sorry mix up with payments, Pay Pal delayed the confirmation and I missed it.

Going straight out to you on Monday

Regards

Simon

Thank you Simon for your help, I look forward to using the Flux, Regards, Mark