Annie's Virtual Pre-Grouping, Grouping and BR Layouts & Workbench

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Annie said:

A little more pottering around my 'Cairnrigg to Balessie' layout.  Took a snap of Ed Heaps's exquisite N.E.R. Worsdell Von Borries Compound Class 'J' at Balessie MPD.

Not really the kind of engine that would have been seen in the district, but I couldn't turn down the opportunity to take a nice screenshot.

Can you get it to do ninety?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

Haven't tried giving it a proper run yet.  I'd need to do it on 'Tristyn in Winter' as it's got a long mainline that's better set up for speed runs.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, Schooner said:

On which, what are your current thoughts on some kinda of physical layout? Just askin'... :)

All on  hold for the foreseeable future unfortunately.  Doing basic self care as well as what light housework tasks I can manage are about the limit without trying to add layout building into the mix.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

Sorry only 84 mph on DCC controls.  0.6% gradient, 146 Ton train of seven N.E.R. 6 wheelers.  (S&C Route borrowed for the test)

I might try it again using the steam control set.

zQcxCy0.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

I also have N.E.R. No.1619, - the Worsdell-Smith Compound 4-4-0.  This snap was taken at Appleby Junction on the Settle & Carlisle route that dates from Trainz Classics 3 which was released back in 2008, - though it's had some updating since then.  Time period is the BR dismal transition error which can't be helped, but it's still a darn fine place to run steam engines around on.

d1nSQy8.jpg

Edited by Annie
can't spell for toffee
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

It was in course of a series of tests conducted under Smith's direction that Class J No. 1517 achieved 90 mph.

So if I change the 'J' Class's number to 1517 and find a suitable model figure and name it 'Mr Smith' and place him on the footplate I might do better and achieve 90 mph.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3