An Interesting Variation on a Terrier.

Indeed - Seaford is on my CAD Schedule for over the summer, and may well feature in a 'Digest article. We'll see...

Excellent.  Looks like just the sort of loco the WNR would like. 

Careful discussing single-wheeler tanks, though, because Kevin has confessed to looking at pictures of Aerolite, and, unless he was shopping for luggage, this might prompt a relapse.

• Like 1

NO, NO - NOT AEROLITE!!!

Don't worry, she's on the list as well!  :scared:

Any other single-wheeler tanks people would like to confess to wanting?! :triniti:

That seems a bit threatening, I feel the need to end my post with a silly court-jester shaped thing to lull them into the sense that I'm joking:

:jester: 

In that case, may I ask how far apart you require the frames to be (at their outer edges)? I can easily adjust the chassis for EM: P4 even easier (extend it to match the drawing, though it wouldn't be compensated), so I'm open to doing that.

NO, NO - NOT AEROLITE!!!

Don't worry, she's on the list as well!  :scared:

Any other single-wheeler tanks people would like to confess to wanting?! :triniti:

That seems a bit threatening, I feel the need to end my post with a silly court-jester shaped thing to lull them into the sense that I'm joking:

:jester: 

Please don't forget the Craven locos

Please don't forget the Craven locos

Most certainly not!

Until Mr E. Dwardian's daughter required S&DR No.25, the pre-Craven locos were to be the earliest I was going, but I seem to have set a Precedent (Hint... HINT...) for models beyond 1850's - 1913 LBSCR and 1890's - 1923 LSWR...

• Like 1

In that case, may I ask how far apart you require the frames to be (at their outer edges)? I can easily adjust the chassis for EM: P4 even easier (extend it to match the drawing, though it wouldn't be compensated), so I'm open to doing that.

I have just measured one chassis and its 14 mm, that alows for the flange part of the top hat bearings. EM gauge wheels have a back to back of 16.5 mm

Looking at a set of Perseverance frame spacers 00 ones are 12 mm wide, EM 13.5 mm wide and P4 14.75 mm wide. The two side frames would add about 0.9 mm in total. So an EM chassis will be 14.4 mm wide 

Does one have to fit brass bearings into the frames ? Looking at the price quoted on Shapeways even taking the cost of a set of coupling rods into consideration this would be a massive win in kit building by having a square set of ready made frames

Most certainly not!

Until Mr E. Dwardian's daughter required S&DR No.25, the pre-Craven locos were to be the earliest I was going, but I seem to have set a Precedent (Hint... HINT...) for models beyond 1850's - 1913 LBSCR and 1890's - 1923 LSWR...

Sorry!

I wonder if the Bachmann Coal Tank motorised chassis would fit under the body of a Coal Engine?

Don't apologise, I've thoroughly enjoyed the journey! I just hope I don't make a Ramsbottom of it (HINT!).

I'll be investigating LSNWR locos as soon as I've finished the LNSWR ones I'm currently working on.

• RMweb Premium

Seaforth in 'O' would certainly keep me happy.

L85vxSD.jpg

Otherwise a Sharpie single driver well tank with options for alternative cabs would be a taste of heaven itself.

18nsTJE.jpg

Edited by Annie
  • Like 4

I reckon the latter is a job for Sparkshot!

Seaford will be happening in the summer.

In the meantime, the G6 chassis is currently being uploaded for EM!

If I can excuse a heretical suggestion, Seaford without the Stroudley cab would be sufficiently generic to suit many other railways, including ones in Norfolk.

How to go about motorising though?

• Like 2

People better be careful what they wish for. We are currently working on the Furness or more correctly Sharp Bros/Sharp Stewart 2-2-2WT in 7mm. We might have the prototype ready for the NEC. Along with a 2-4-2T and 2-4-0.

Marc

• Like 1

To be perfectly honest I am not sure. The holes are 3mm in diameter, so what that is in inches I couldn't tell you, unfortunately, as although I work in feet and inches for large things (Baseboards, Full scale CAD models, etc) I work in mm for small scale stuff, including chassis (I work these out after scaling a model down.).

In truth, I have yet to build a chassis in the real world, but appreciated from the outset that some wouldn't be happy with the compromises incurred with an RTR chassis. I myself don't mind, but I know some people do.