Hereford

rogerfarnworth

• RMweb Gold

Hi Roger

I guess that being a member of the site means that I access it differently. I have created a new album with Dad's Hereford photos. I think I have found all of them, but will add any that I find I have missed if and when any turn up. I hope that this will take you there.  http://www.ipernity.com/doc/philsutters/album/1274428  Once in my albums, you should be able to see others, should you want to. Click on 'Railways including tramways' under 'Hereford' in the album title.

Linking to a search result obviously doesn't work for a visitor to the site.

Best wishes

Phil

Edited by phil_sutters
Revised link

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi there Roger, it's been really interesting to look and read through your posts and pics from your Hereford layout project! I stumbled across them as I'm just in process of moving back to Herefordshire, and for the new house am planning a 00 gauge model of the 'south end' of Hereford station (along with a garden railway outside*). I'm particularly impressed with how well you've captured Barr's Court building, and the footbridge (with some fantastic help, by the sounds of it). It would be really great at some point to compare notes, and share your experience of having built Hereford in N scale - I'm sure you must have picked up lots of observations / things you wished you'd known beforehand along the way! And if there's any way I can reciprocate any help / advice / research, or indeed assistance with your own layout, very happy to do so (recognising the COVID situation this year might restrict things a little more than normal). 

* (after 15 years of running the 'Blackbury Line' in South Wales --> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLN2CaysNHs5Bs_tymOi8JGO_NwIfoWvvG). But looking forward to relocating the garden railway setup to a bank alongside the original Hereford to Ross Railway, for a new lease of life :-)  

Look forward to hopefully being in touch further - all best :-) 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Some time back I was posting about modelling Hereford in N Gauge.

We were living in Ashton-under-Lyne and the modelling took place in the Vicarage loft. I am now retired with my wife still working.

The last few years of ministry did not see me in the loft very often and modelling definitely took a back seat. Particular apologies to craigowen1976 whose post on this thread I have just read now.

We have now moved to Telford and the powers that be have generously allocated a relatively large bedroom for the layout. Some compromises are inevitable as the space is smaller than the loft in the Vicarage in Ashton-under-Lyne.

Staging has been built and my library is close to being sorted out. I will need one new fiddle yard, the electrics will need connecting board to board for the layout and some damage will need to be rectified.

Completing the staging is a good step forward!

I will post pictures over the next little while. ..

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1