Why has the quality become so poor?

Denbridge

• RMweb Premium

I acknowledge that the question of track plans is one which has been discussed a lot before, but the "shelfie" article to me is one where it should have been essential to include the plan, because the article is about layout planning.

It isn’t, it’s the story of how the layout developed. The clear thread through the piece is in fact the lack of planning of the layout!. It was used in Right Track 19, as it was to hand, and we could use it to demonstrate different aspects of planning and design.

The pictures show the track plan, it’s very easy to determine, however I’ve attached a pic which shows the core chassis of the layout.

post-68-0-00723100-1532640666.jpeg

Re Andy M as editor, he hasn’t come from a railway modelling background, but he’s picked up the subject matter quickly, and for me, asks the right questions, and is open to different ideas. From discussions with him on wider publishing issues, I’ve no doubt his wider media and journalism experience will help BRM/Warner’s going forward.

• Like 1

It isn’t, it’s the story of how the layout developed. The clear thread through the piece is in fact the lack of planning of the layout!. It was used in Right Track 19, as it was to hand, and we could use it to demonstrate different aspects of planning and design.

The pictures show the track plan, it’s very easy to determine, however I’ve attached a pic which shows the core chassis of the layout.

0569AD84-9529-48E4-88AD-D6D26BB70872.jpeg

Re Andy M as editor, he hasn’t come from a railway modelling background, but he’s picked up the subject matter quickly, and for me, asks the right questions, and is open to different ideas. From discussions with him on wider publishing issues, I’ve no doubt his wider media and journalism experience will help BRM/Warner’s going forward.

Aargh!

‘Going forward’- surely you mean ‘in future’ ?

• RMweb Premium

Not with you I’m afraid. I wrote going forward, as that’s what I meant.

Oi PMP, that's a generational thing that "going forward" and it's a bloody horrible, USA influenced governmental/news speak sort of thing. Us moldies enoy thinking of the how it will be in the future. 

There you go, and I am with you all the way going forward of course as going backwards would be silly. :triniti:

Duck

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Trains "go forward"

His wider media and journalism experience will help BRM/Warners in the future.

As I mentioned I used 'going forward' deliberately, referring to an continuous and progressive program from the current time, rather than a non specified date or era randomly 'in the future'. Simples.

As Barry says, Moving on ...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Aargh!

‘Going forward’- surely you mean ‘in future’ ?

I think we need to unpack and close the loop on this one. BRM/Warners have assembled an impressive tiger team to provide our monthly fix of differentiated instruction. Much of this is through win-win articles such as Shelfie, a beacon of project-based learning if ever there was one.They are not comfortable to go for the low hanging fruit and continue to adopt a holistic approach to our hobby. BRM constantly make it pop by thinking outside the box on a number of different levels. Many of the articles therein peel back the onion and provide us with the instructional scaffolding needed to put us on the runway. They give us the road map we need, often providing a real come to Jesus moment. I've had a few of them over the years, I can tell you !!!

Let's hope BRM continue to push the envelope and we should encourage their monthly deep dive into the kaleidoscope of material that is available.

Let's not have a paralysis by analysis. Going forward, this, IMHO, is all water under the bridge and we now need to break through the clutter.

Let's get some framework here people!!

Rob.

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 3

I think we need to unpack and close the loop on this one. BRM/Warners have assembled an impressive tiger team to provide our monthly fix of differentiated instruction. Much of this is through win-win articles such as Shelfie, a beacon of project-based learning if ever there was one.They are not comfortable to go for the low hanging fruit and continue to adopt a holistic approach to our hobby. BRM constantly make it pop by thinking outside the box on a number of different levels. Many of the articles therein peel back the onion and provide us with the instructional scaffolding needed to put us on the runway. They give us the road map we need, often providing a real come to Jesus moment. I've had a few of them over the years, I can tell you !!!

Let's hope BRM continue to push the envelope and we should encourage their monthly deep dive into the kaleidoscope of material that is available.

Let's not have a paralysis by analysis. Going forward, this, IMHO, is all water under the bridge and we now need to break through the clutter.

Rob.

i feel like i'm listening to my manager speaking....

• Like 2

Rob.

Excellent!

Of course, it's the sabbath. So the Sunday Sermon is to be expected.

;-)

G

• RMweb Gold

Of course, it's the sabbath. So the Sunday Sermon is to be expected.

;-)

G

A good example of user generated content and an interesting touchpoint. However, this is, I fear, a different kind of 'come to Jesus' moment and would ask that we stay on the runway.

Rob.

• Like 2

A good example of user generated content and an interesting touchpoint. However, this is, I fear, a different kind of 'come to Jesus' moment and would ask that we stay on the runway.

Rob.

It sounds as though you’re asking us to think outside the box

• RMweb Gold

Rob.

Let's not try to boil the ocean here...